Chapter 2

"Oh darling, you look so beautiful," Mother sighs.

I gaze at myself in the mirror, and admire the beautiful dress, and how perfectly it fits me. My hair has been done so that it flows down my back in cascading curls. Mother has given me a pair of blue shoes that match my dress.

"Thank you, Mother," I reply.

"I remember when I was your age, and meeting your father for the first time. I wore a blue dress, too. And I wore this," she tells me, reaching out a gorgeous necklace, with a beautiful sapphire pendant.

"It's beautiful," I whisper, admiring the piece of jewelry.

"I want you to wear it," she requests.

"Really?" I ask, causing her to give me a quick nod.

She walks behind me, and places it on my neck. I gaze into the mirror again, and gasp at myself. For the first time in my life, I actually feel like a princess.

Most days, I'd be down in the stables by now, with my horse, Echo. He's a black Friesian, his mane and tail long and curly. He's truly a marvelous horse, but I most likely won't be able to see him today.

"Prince Pier shall be here shortly, and you are to meet him in the garden. Of course, there will be a chaperone nearby, as is proper. He and his father shall be staying for supper, and there will be a great feast in honor of Pier and your first meeting," Mother informs me.

"Oh, what fun," I nervously say. I barely pay attention to her words, as she goes on to tell me how a lady of my stature should and should not act.

I'm so nervous, and the corset onto dress is so tight, I can hardly breath.

"It's time," Mother says.

She takes my hand, and leads me to the Garden of Tranquility, one of our castles four magnificent gardens.

I feel nervous and excited at the same time, wondering what my prince looks like.

I see my father first, speaking to another man, who I assume is Piers father, King Theodore.

Standing behind King Theo, is a boy, just a little older than I. He is, I admit, handsome.

"That is Prince Pier," Mother whisper's. I gaze at him, and am glad his eyes are fixed on the floor so that he does not notice.

"There they are now," I hear father say, causing all three of them to look up at Mother and I as we approach them.

"Princess Clarabelle," King Theodore warmly says. "Why, you've grown up so much. Last I saw you, you were just a little baby."

We all stand there for a moment, in an awkward silence, before King Theo speaks again.

"This is my son, Pier," he introduces, gesturing to the boy behind him.

"It's a pleasure to meet you," I greet, curtsying.

"The pleasures all mine," he replies, looking into my eyes. I avert my gaze, and blush.

"We shall be up on the terrace, keeping an eye on you two. Feel free to roam around the garden," Mother states.

With that, our parents walk away, leaving is just standing there, awkwardly.

I search my mind for conversation topics, but fail to find anything interesting enough to say.

"Would you like to walk around the garden," Pier asks.

"I don't see why not," I agree. We start on the path, passing flowers of all sorts.

"Your kingdom is quite beautiful," he complements.

"Thank you."

I spot my favorite flower bed, and stop to admire it. It's full of Tulips, which are my favorite flowers.

"You like Tulips?" Pier asks, following my gaze.

"Yes," I laugh. "They are my absolute favorite flower."

"I'll have to remember that," he notes, smiling.

------------------------------

I slip on my green nightgown, and slide into bed.

My mind plays over the events of today. Dinner went smoothly, and Pier and I seem to get along well enough.

Now that we've met, Mother told me that we shall have a meeting at least once a fortnight, if not more often.

Pier seems friendly enough, but I don't know if I'm in love with him.

No, I'm being foolish, of course I am. I just don't know what love is, because I'm so young. Of course I'm in love with him, Mother said he's my soulmate, and she never lies.

Right?

A/N What do you think of this story? Do you like it or no? And should I continue it?

Echo and Necklace on side

Thanks for Reading.