The Last Warriors

Chapter 1

Moving quickly through the darkened woods, I could hear the rest of the teams locations. I could hear the vampires movement ahead of me. I pulled my gun out and moved faster than what any human should be able to. I could see one vampire move like a blur, but with my enhanced eyes, I can see him clearly. I aimed my gun and pulled the trigger hitting the vampire in between his shoulder blades. It won't kill him but the poison in the bullet should slow him down and weaken him enough to kill him easily. I put my gun back in place and pulled my sword from it's holder. I swung my sword and sliced his head off. The special metal in my sword burnt away his body til only a charred stain was left in the grass.

I could see another vampire ahead. I ran towards the sound but I got knocked down when the second vampire landed on me, jumping down from a tree . I rolled and jumped to my feet. I made eye contact with the vampire who floored me. He smirked thinking he has me. He moved quickly towards me, aiming a punch to my face. I gave him my own smirk and blocked his punch easily. I kicked his knee' s and as he began to fall I drove my knee up and connected with his chin driving his head back. He sprung to his feet only to get knocked on his ass when I kicked him into chest, pulling out my gun out and shot him as he fell backwards. I put my gun into my holder and took my sword out and walked towards him slowly with my sword dragging in the grass. I looked into his eyes, glaring at him before I lifted my sword and sliced through his neck. I stood and watched his body burn away. Rustling in the trees snapped my attention away from from the burning mess on the ground. I could hear my team closing in on the other vampires. Scanning the trees I spotted the third vampire trying to hide. I moved slowly making sure my footsteps couldn't be heard. I kept my sword out and stepped closer to him. I am right behind him and he hasn't got a clue. Before he could turn, his head is severed. His head fell to the ground with a thump before his body followed.

"Third one down, do you need help? " I asked the rest of my team.

"All sorted Alexis, meet you back at the entrance" Cole said.

"See you in five minutes" I said.

I put my sword back and started running for the entrance. Ten minutes later I was at the entrance with the rest of our team. We are one of six teams and the most sought after team. I checked them all over making sure they had know serious visible injuries. My stance relaxed when I saw only minor scratches.

"Were all safe, don't worry so much boss" Cole said smiling.

"That's all I want" I said smiling.

I looked at Jasper, Blake, Cole, Emma and Lucy. We are a team of six but we are the most skilled and dangerous. We are the ones brought into deal with the most dangerous rouges. There are four other teams of six, we are the last warrior's left. Human hybrids with the strength and speed to match the strongest vampires and werewolves but unlike them we are not immortal, we can be killed a lot easier than them. No special bullets or swords needed.

We walked back to our jeep, got in and drove back to our head quatres. We have a large building designated to us, given to us from the supernatural council, as long as we work for them and keep the human world safe from rouges and the knowledge that supernatural exist, its ours. Our arrangement benefits both of us, we get the weapons, the head quatres with the best training facilities, somewhere to live and a very good wage and in return we make it safer for humans, packs and coven, training them when needed. The council deal with any packs or coven that need our help building up their defenses, we try to stay away from them as much as possible unless they really do need us. We have lost a lot of team member's when we use to deal with them and access if they really do need us, our kind seem to end up mates or beloved' s to the supernaturals. We decided to keep our distance, we have a job to do and if we find were destined for a supernatural, we won't be able to leave them and keep fighting.

We pulled into our garage and got out. I watched my team laugh and joke. We have been together so long it's like we're brother's and sister's. It's my job to make sure their safe, I'm our group's leader and if all the group's need to join I am their leader also. We all headed to our room, exhausted after tonight. I opened my door and walked to my wardrobe. I grabbed my shorts, tank top and towel's. I took my gun from it's holder and put it back on my wall along with my sword and holder's. I took off my combat boots, combat trousers and tank top. I took what I needed and walked into my bathroom. Turning on the shower to the hottest it will go, I stepped in and let the water cascade down my body, relaxing my muscle's. I washed my hair and body. After twenty minutes I turned the shower off and dried myself. I got dressed and looked in the mirror. The girl looking back at me could pass for twenty five but in reality I'm only twenty one. My hair is raven black and falls down my back ending at my ribs. My eyes are a dark blue, surrounded by thick black eyelashes, I have a petite nose and full lips. My skin is tanned and I'm about six ft one. I have a full chest, toned body from years of training and long toned legs. I'm the youngest warrior's but I'm the strongest. Both my parent's were warrior's so my bloodline is stronger compared to the rest of our group who only had one parent who was a warrior. Most of us have lost our parents, the ones that are warrior's. I lost both of them when I was sixteen, I was taken in by the other warrior's and have lived at the head quatres since then. I trained every day with the other warrior' s. My parent's had me training since I was thirteen, so I would be strong enough to fight when I joined the other warrior's at eighteen. But I ended up joining them at sixteen. I sat down and blow dried my hair. When I finished, I climbed into bed and wrapped my duvet around me. I need a good sleep, no doubt the council will have another mission for us in the morning. I closed my eyes and let myself fall into a dreamless sleep.