Flames

Chapter 16

After getting the other's settled, we left the house and started walking back to our beloved' s homes. Even though not long ago we were laughing and joking,  once the cool night's air hit us, reality kicked in again.

"We will get them, won't we Alexis? Cole asked, I think even the toughest of us need the reassurance that I will do whatever it takes to find them.

"We will and they will regret ever touching any of us, I promise" I told them.

Silence fell among us once again, the one thing they know for definite is that I don't make promises I can't keep. Even if it takes year's, I will get them. Stopping in the middle of the yard, we gave each other a sad smile and split up, heading into our own directions. Opening Eli' s door, I walked in to find him lying on the couch asleep. Walking towards him, I couldn't help but smile. He looks absolutely adorable when he is asleep. Kneeling down beside him, I gently rubbed my fingers across his cheek and called his name. He slowly opened his eyes and smiled.

"Hey" I smiled.

"Hey, are you long back?" he asked as he stretched out his body.

"Only back now, I didn't think I would be this late" I told him.

"How are they? did they settle in okay?" he asked.

"Putting on a brave face, but there settling in okay. Come on, let's head to bed, it's been a long day" I said honestly.

He got up and wrapped his arm's around me. I pulled him close to me and inhaled his scent, instantly relaxing my tense muscle's. He picked me up bridal style and carried me to our room. Exhaustion hit me straight away, I only managed to take my bottoms off before I crawled into bed. Once Eli got in beside me, he wrapped his arm's around me, holding me close to his chest. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

My dreams were crazy. Images of Lewis' s and Anna' s face took center stage. Memories of the warrior's they killed made appearances, us laughing and training together. Each memory came with its own pain because when they stopped I knew I wouldn't get to make anymore with them. Everything has changed so quickly in a matter of week's. When in reality Lewis has probably been planning this for month's even year's without anyone ever suspecting anything. He would always know our where abouts and when to strike. They never had a chance.

Waking up, I'm more determined than ever to take Lewis and that bitch down. If they want a fight that's exactly what I will give them but they won't be walking away this time. Turning over, I looked at a still sleeping Eli. I slowly got out of bed trying not to wake him and grabbed fresh training clothes. Getting into the shower, I leaned against the wall and let the water flow down my back. After twenty minutes, I'm dried and dressed. Walking back into the room, a sleepy looking Eli looked back at me, smiling.

"Morning" I smiled.

"Morning beautiful, how you feeling today" he asked concerned.

"I'm hanging in, will you be seeing you're father today?" I asked.

"Yeah I'm going to head over to him once I'm dressed and find out when Anna is visiting next, that way you and you're team can follow her and see if she leads you to Lewis" he said hopeful.

"Thank you, I need to find him before he makes the first move, I have no idea how many he has fighting with him. At least if I know number's I can organise a plan of attack to make sure we get him. I don't want him Slipping through my fingers again" I said as I noticed my skin starting to glow faintly.

Eli got out of bed and walked towards me and wrapped his arm's around me til I relaxed and my glow faded. Looking into his eyes, I smiled, I don't know what I would do without him. Breaking away, I watched him walk towards the bathroom. God he is hot. Shaking my head, I left our apartment and headed towards the training ground.