Staying with her

Chapter 8

Eli POV

Holding my beautiful beloved closer to me, I couldn't help but noticed how her body molded perfectly to mine. This is the closest I have gotten to her since she arrived. But it's not how I planned, I didn't want to be carrying her because her back has been tore open by that scum Lewis. I am going to tear him apart bit by bit when I get my hands on him. Opening the door, I walked into the medic wing. We always have a healer here, just incase one of us get severely hurt and can't heal by ourselves. Gently moving Alexis, I put her lying face down on one of the beds. Pulling a chair over to her bed, I sat and waited for the healer and doctor to arrive. Watching her while she slept, I took in every detail of her face. Her full lips, cute nose and long eyelashes. She is beautiful. I gently pushed her hair back from her face. I stood up to get a better look at her back. To see how much damage he did this time. As I looked at the slash mark's, I could see new symbols running down her spine, I spotted some more on her wrists. These are definitely new. I could hear footsteps getting closer. Turning around, I found the medic, the healer and my father walking in.

"Is she okay Eli, why do we need the healer" my father asked with concern.

"See for yourself" I said stepping aside so he could have a clear few of her back.

"What has happened to her, whoever has done this to her, is going to pay dearly for it" my father said furious.

"I know who did it and I am going to kill him slowly for it, it was that scum Lewis, he is behind all the attacks" I said as my eyes turned black with rage.

"Is Alexis you're beloved?" my father asked with a smile. I haven't told him yet, I wanted to tell them if and when she accepted me.

"Yes she is but she hasn't accepted me yet" I told him as I looked at her.

"That is because she is a warrior son, they never want to find their beloveds, you have to understand that they have to give up what they were born to do to be with their mate's. It would be especially hard for Alexis because she is a pure blooded warrior. Her instincts to protect her team and other's are stronger. But that doesn't mean she doesn't feel your bond" he explained.

"All I want is for her to be happy and if that means her leaving to be happy, I will just have to accept it the best way I can. I have already falling in love with her" I told him honestly.          

"I don't think she can leave you even if she wanted to. For one she isn't safe back at her head quatres, Lewis will find her and her team there. I will find out who else is behind this. Alexis is a royal now and the penalty for hurting a royal is the same as hurting a warrior, I will call back in later to check on Alexis, used this time to get to know her better" he said.

"I will, let me know what you find out" I said. He nodded at left the room.

"Prince, I will need you to assist me with a few thing's if you're comfortable with that" Lucas our healer asked.

"Yes of course, anything you need" I told him.

"I need you to cut away the rest of her top carefully and gently remove any fabric in her wounds while I got the herb's ready" he said.

I did what he told me to do. Picking up the scissors, I carefully but away the rest of her top and pulled any fabric I could out of her wounds. She must be exhausted because she hasn't moved once. After I did what I could, I sat down and help her hand. That's when I noticed she has another ruin on the palm of her hand. What happened out in the wood's when she was their by herself. She didn't have these mark's when she left. Even with her back slashed, the ruins on her spine didn't look damaged. I brought her hand to my lips and gently kissed it. Watching Lucas work, is amazing. He washed down her back, completely getting rid of any blood. He gently rubbed the herb's into her back while he was saying something so low I couldn't hear, covering the deeper slashes with more herb's. He left the herb's to do there work over night while she slept. I grabbed a pillow off one of the other beds and put it behind my neck as I sat back down. I took her hand in mine and rubbed my thumb back and forth across her soft skin. This is the first time I have seen her look vunerable. She always looks so strong and in control.