8. Her Bubblegum Ice-Cream

TYLER'S POV 

Summer Talent Show

Summer Talent Show. The days spent watching the whole student body rehearse, the chatter and the laughter in the corridors of the hostel, and the final night when everything finally came together. Each memory was vivid in my head. An old tradition that went back as far as the inauguration of school. Without the summer trip, the school was as incomplete as a meal without a dessert.

To be honest, it wasn't as fun for people like me, who stood at the side lines and watched the whole spectacle doing nothing. That was what I did for the past three years of my high school life. Yet, this time I was placed at the top of the tier. Organizing the talent show. There wasn't the question of not doing anything anymore. I passed on a smile to Kayden, who stood beside me, and twirled the pen in my hand.

Kayden took my look as a cue to stop explaining what I was supposed to do, and said instead, "Will you be able to do this much?" He brought the sheet of paper in front of me, and waited for my affirmation.

"Sure." I smiled, and took it. Get the registrations open, make an online form, and document it.

Despite my wary thoughts, I had been listening carefully. The process wasn't hard, but time-consuming, and the pile of homework that I had to submit by the end of this week was already giving me nightmares. Still, I thought of this as a good bargain than anything else. More so with what I was getting in return. Putting the papers aside, I placed my hand on the counter-top, "Shall we start now?"

Kayden smiled, emptying his side too. "Yes."

With both of our expertise, it didn't take long for us to reach the pinnacle. I looked at Kayden, a little bit worried with the way he was handling it, and asked, "Can you hold it gently?"

"Like this?" he replied, and looked up, sweat glistening under his tousled black hair. It was getting warmer inside, and I felt the heat too, brushing my hair away from my face.

"Good enough." I nodded, watching him work on it. "Can you put two fingers in?"

He struggled for a bit. "They're too thick for the hole."

True to his words, I saw him struggling with his index and middle finger at the entrance. Biting my lip, I suggested, "Just force them in."

An eyebrow went up at my words, but after some hesitation he followed my order. The fingers disappeared inside with some difficulty, and it was uncomfortable just watching and not being able to help, but I held it in. There was still some room inside and Kayden was brushing past it without hitting the bottom.

Not able to keep it in anymore, I touched his shoulder to guide him. "Try putting three in—"

"Stop!" The door banged open, and both of us visibly shook at the loud interruption. We didn't see anyone for a moment, but then Brandon barged in, folding up his sleeves, and looking determined enough to assassinate anyone if the need arose. He puffed up his chest, and walked towards us. His eyes narrowed down on us, and I saw a moment of relief before he raised his hand, and pointed his finger at Kayden. "You."