22. Her Coffee Ice-Cream

TYLER'S POV

There were only two things on my mind right now

There were only two things on my mind right now. Number one, were we really going to do it? Number two, where the hell did I keep those condoms?!

It was only as Brandon and I separated to catch our breaths did I realize the fallacy in my questions. Perhaps, it wasn't even a question anymore. We were in dire states. My bathrobe was thrown on the floor sometime between our kisses and I was flushed red. The pristine white sheets were wrinkled and messy with our midnight activities. Hickey marks covered my neck and shoulders and my head buzzed from the dizzying pleasure.

Brandon's blonde hair was ruffled, standing up in all directions, and it instantly reminded me of the first time I saw him. It was overwhelming to realize how far we had come. There was a time when I mistook him for a burglar and then even my mother's boyfriend. We fought, we flirted, we went to Singapore, we helped a billionaire lesbian couple escape, we almost won a baking competition, we overcame our hesitations, and we fell in love.

How was it that everything happened in just a few months? Sometimes it felt like it lasted years. Sometimes it felt like it all flashed by in seconds. I sighed. It was bittersweet. The youth filled with our laughter and tears were already memories.

Still, I knew that there was no reason to lament the time that had already passed. What mattered the most was the present. The person I was holding in my arms right now. Maybe it was the alcohol in my body that made everything so intense, but I could feel my heart squeeze. It was like a sweet aching pain. As if someone had added too much sugar into my body, the nectar was about to overflow and coat my life in its flavor.

There was no hesitation and awkwardness anymore. I thought I would be embarrassed. Shy, even. But as Brandon's heated eyes took in every inch of my body, I felt confident...about us. It might have taken us eons to reach this point, but I savored the journey. I enjoyed our moments. Our misgivings.

I reached out and touched his chest. Brandon didn't move but closed his eyes. I felt his heartbeat under my fingertips. The fast pulse made me smile. The black lacy lingerie I wore left little to the imagination. It displayed more than it hid. Brandon was already shirtless, and not wanting to be the only one undressed, I hooked my fingers on the edges of his shorts and asked, "Can I?"

Brandon swallowed and nodded. With shaky fingers, I peeled his shorts off his body. He kicked it out and threw it on the floor. The air-conditioner in the room was on full-blast but I was suddenly sweaty. Brandon was still wearing his briefs under the shorts. The light wasn't that bright in the room but I could still see whatever there was to see...very prominently.

Was this possible? Could it...fit?

It was just an emotional block before, but right now we might need to do some serious physical calculations to make this work.

I was about to raise this very point when the painting hanging on the wall above us rattled. Startled, I squealed and almost kneeled Brandon in fright. Brandon brought his hands in front of his pelvis almost immediately. We froze at this awkward pose and exchanged a look. Did we hear it right? As if to assure us that we weren't having any auditory hallucinations, it started again.