23. His Matcha Ice-Cream

BRANDON'S POV

The next morning Tyler and I rushed downstairs for breakfast

The next morning Tyler and I rushed downstairs for breakfast. There were only a few minutes left till the buffet closed. We jumped out of the bed, freshened up in under a minute, and ran. I was still in my shorts and slippers and Tyler threw my shirt at me on the way. To our benefit, the dining hall was empty and there was no one around to see our disheveled state. No one had bothered to wake up after the various late night parties and activities. Even the teachers were missing. Why were we the only fools waking up to eat a greasy resort breakfast buffet?

Of course, there was only one person behind this.

Liam waved at us from across the hall and I sighed when I looked at him. His hair was meticulously styled and he was even dressed up in a clean t-shirt and cargo shorts. I suddenly had the urge to throw my slippers at him to deduct some points from his perfect look. If not for his incessant calls and alarms, why would we be up so early in the morning? It was a curse to be a swimmer. He still wanted to play the swimming team captain on a vacation. I stopped myself from picking a fight with him when I saw that Leo and Kiara were there as well. Poor Leo was only suffering as his roommate and it wouldn't be nice to make a fool out of him in front of his new girlfriend.

Think about yourself, a small voice in my head chastised. I glanced at Tyler. She was watching me add food to my plate with a look of horror. I frowned and looked down at my plate. It was piled high with sausages and eggs and I was squeezing in the buttery cheese toasts to the side. Without blinking, I said, "We only get to have one round. Buffet closes soon."

Tyler glanced at the clock and gasped. As if all of it suddenly made sense, she nodded and added two more servings of cheese toast on her plate as well. I looked at her frenzied movements and couldn't be more proud. The things we did for food.

Tyler paused at the juice table and pointed at the options. "There's watermelon and orange juice. I'll take both. You can taste and choose!"

Without waiting for my reply, she poured two glasses of juice and balanced them on her plate. My heart fluttered. I watched her walk over to the table and couldn't stop myself from smiling. Only she knew that I would have taken the next fifteen minutes to choose between the two. Did I really deserve her?

When there was no more space left on my plate to add food, I walked over to the table and sat down between Tyler and Leo. Leo nodded at me and removed his plates from the table to make space for mine. I looked at his empty plates and realized that he was already done with breakfast. How long had they been waiting for us? Just how early Liam forced him to wake up?

Instead of choosing one of the pastries from the dessert table, Leo unwrapped a cherry lollipop and put it in his mouth. He closed his eyes in satisfaction and almost moaned. I shook my head as he savored his lollipop. Some things never changed.

On the other side, Liam dabbed his lips with a napkin and said, "Good morning. You guys finally made it."

"You called us at least twenty times," I mumbled and bit into the cheese toast. Liam continued to look at me so I reluctantly replied, "Morning."