3. His Choco-Chip Ice-Cream

BRANDON'S POV

There were two types of students you saw after spring break. First, the ones who were happy to be back to school and its hectic schedule and the hostel life. It did have a certain charm to it. I couldn't deny that. The others were, however, ones who wanted nothing more than to be out of this hellhole, desperately waiting for the semester to end. I always thought I was from the latter category. Swimming competitions being the only refuge I got in school. Though, today, I felt things change.

Never in my dreams had I thought that I'll be excited for an English lecture. Yet, here I was, striding towards the room to save a seat for Tyler.

"Where's the fire?" Liam draped his arm over my shoulder, slowing me down a notch.

I could have been embarrassed to say it aloud, but I wasn't. "Tyler and I have the same class. Gotta save a seat for her." With a wink, I shrugged off his hand and rounded up into the room. Spotting two empty seats towards the corner, I dumped my books on the inner side and sat adjacent to it, blocking it so no one else could claim it.

Liam shuffled in a moment later, meeting my eyes with an amused stare of his. "I have no words Brandon Sawyer. You're so whipped." He laughed, taking the seat behind me.

"Am I?" I turned back, resting my elbow on the desk. "Who's the one chasing behind Kiara Roux?"

"Was." He emphasized with his eyebrows.

I frowned. "Damn. She said no?"

"Brandon!" Tyler's voice interrupted our conversation. Not giving another second of attention to Liam, I snapped forward to where Tyler was. So. Fucking. Whipped. Without a thought, I stood up, waving her over. She was alone as she walked over to me. Her smile reached her ears and she raised her eyebrows, turning her head side to side. "We share the same class?"

I stared.

"Brandon?" The voice sounded dangerously close, and I blinked, watching Tyler wave her hand in front of my face. "Are you okay?"

"Hi," I said.

She laughed. "Is that seat for me?" Her finger pointed towards my right and I nodded.

"Wait." I grabbed her wrist.

Tyler paused mid-way, frowning. "What happened? The class is starting."

I could feel Liam's curious gaze on us. Tyler stood in an awkward position, unsure whether she was supposed to sit or not. She giggled hesitantly, looking between me and my hand, squirming her wrist to take her hand out of my hand. I stared at her face, unbelieving. There was definitely something different. I narrowed my eyes, and she copied my action, and we both assessed each other. My mouth opened, the words on the tip of my tongue, and in a rush I said them aloud, "Did you get a haircut?"