15. His Strawberry Ice-Cream

BRANDON'S POV

"If you keep drooling like that, I'll slap my unwashed socks on your face

"If you keep drooling like that, I'll slap my unwashed socks on your face."

Now that's a great conversation starter. I wiped the grin off my face at Seth's words and gave him a blank stare. It was already two in the morning, we had our swim practice in a few hours, and yet both of us were awake. "What the fuck do you want Seth?" I opened my phone again and busied myself, sprawling on my now fixed bed.

"Nothing. You just look like you got laid today," Seth said in a nonchalant manner, inched his nose up to show his superiority, and then muffled his laughter at my expression. "Why? Am I wrong?"

"Shut up."

"You're not denying it," he whispered, more to himself, and then jumped up from his bed. I inwardly groaned when I saw his quick steps coming towards me. Seth's face loomed above me, and he wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. "Did you graduate already?"

"Can I just sleep?" I groaned, unable to keep up with his banter this late at night, and pulled the comforter over my face.

"Uh-uh. Sleep. Here, there, wherever you want. " Seth ratted on, his voice growing distant with each word, and I relaxed. From the corner of my eyes, I saw him settle back on his bed, and mumble to himself, "But how did you do it if the bed was broken? I was pretty sure we only fixed it temporarily."

The words instantly perked my ears and I hurried into a sitting position. "What do you mean by that?"

"B-by what?" he mumbled.

"Stop messing with me. You broke the bed?" The edge of irritation was back in my voice and Seth picked that up. He avoided my eyes, the end of his ears ringing red, and he coughed to cover up his embarrassment. Oh, he was embarrassed alright. However, this only heightened my curiosity and I scooted closer to the end of the bed.

"It was pure accident," he confessed. From the tone of his voice, it was clear that it was much more than his simple excuse.

"Was it? I'm listening," I said, and rested my chin on top of my hands, sleep forgotten.

"Well..." Seth stalled. It only intensified my suspicions against him. He was cornered by my stare, acutely aware that I was not letting him go without proper explanations. "I'm really sorry about this. We were doing some research and it just happened."

"We?" I highlighted the part.

Seth cleared his throat and glanced away. "Rebecca made a short trip to our room this morning..." he trailed off, and his hands shyly entered his pocket, his mannerisms made it easier for me to understand what research he was talking about.

My lips twitched in annoyance. How the fuck was it possible for him to cockblock Tyler and me without even trying? Not that I had any intention to do anything other than teasing Tyler in her drunken state. The milk was already spilt when she had embarrassed herself (I found it cute, but I was pretty sure she was banging her head on a wall somewhere) and it was natural for me to intensify that sweet misery by playing pranks on her. Who would have thought that the freaking bed would break as soon as I pulled her on it? That wasn't part of the plan.