25. His Mango Ice-Cream

BRANDON'S POV

I felt violated

I felt violated.

Nothing prepared me for this. There was a flutter of activity behind me, students coming in and going out of the green room, dressed in various colorful outfits. Kayden barked orders left and right as he tried to manage the backstage activity of the talent show, but his voice drowned out in the loud chatter and the laughter. There were only a few full-length mirrors in the room and people crowded in front of them--doing their makeup or getting it done from one of the volunteers. All sorts of cosmetic scents intermixed with the heavy scent of sweat and deodorant lingered in the air.

Everyone seemed to be busy, yet I could still feel a dozen pairs of eyes on me. Standing in the most inconspicuous corner I could find, I covered my bare chest with my hands and tried to maintain my confident expression. As a swimmer, it should have been a normal thing to stand half-naked in front of a crowd. 

Heck, I was always proud of my abs and toned muscles. Not to mention, I even stripped on national television...

Then why was I running away from all this attention? Even as I asked myself this question, I knew the answer to it. Tyler had finally changed me. Or perhaps brought things into perspective. As much as I wanted to keep her for myself, I wanted to reserve myself for her. It was a party of two and there was no room for a third person.

Or maybe I was hoping for too much. Two pairs of hands slapped away my arms from my chest. My hands slid off my body and bared my chest again for the world to see. Flustered, I opened my mouth to protest but Seth and Rebecca shot me an instant glare.

"Are we done yet?" I sighed.

The two of them said in unison, "No!"

And as if to prove their point, they rubbed in harder.

I watched as they doused their hands with another squirt of the body oil and slathered it onto my chest and back. The strong nutty scent of the liquid assaulted my senses and I scrunched up my nose. Seth was already shining like a disco ball and it seemed to be my turn to look the same.

We were just going to do a dance performance. Why were we being buttered like we were going to be barbequed on the stage?

I tried to hold still but their roaming hands tickled my sides and a chuckle left my mouth. Seth paused. I looked down and our eyes met. That was it. I understood the mischievous glint in his eyes a little too much. He had found my weakness. Like a predator on a hunt, he wiggled his fingers and neared the same spot in the corner of my waist. I flinched, even tried to make an escape plan, but I was attacked in an instant.

His fingers tickled my side and I squirmed. "Seth!" I said in between my laughter. He didn't stop but took over my other side too. I buckled over and tried to hold onto the adjacent wall to keep myself straight. My intense reaction only made him tickle me harder.