17. His Chocolate Ice-Cream

BRANDON'S POV

Ingredients, check. Posters, pasted. Aprons, ready.

I surveyed everything once again and then nodded in satisfaction. The bake-sale was going to be a blockbuster. Our booth was set up in the lawns right outside the cafeteria, so students couldn't miss it during lunch break. Who wouldn't want a scrumptious dessert after a tasteless canteen meal? Plus, Seth and Rebecca marketed the bake-sale for two days straight...if people didn't show up in hordes, we would be surprised.

Now, all we needed was the baker to come and take her station for the bake-sale...Right on cue, Tyler stepped out onto the lawn. The booth was a distance away from the hostel gate and she searched around the area until she spotted us.

As soon as I saw her, I sucked in a quick breath. Unlike her usual casual style, she wore a breezy crop top and high waisted shorts today. Somehow, that green color looked stunning on her. She had her hair braided into two pigtails and also added a scarf to keep her hair away from her face. As she walked across the lawn, the glimmering sunlight reflected like gold on her body and illuminated her skin. At that moment, I wished I could capture this image forever. She looked ethereal.

....and she was mine.

The thought almost made my heart somersault. Tyler walked over to the booth and surveyed everything with a quick glance. I snapped out of my trance and straightened up. She raised her eyebrows and asked me with a smile, "You did all of this? When? How?"

"Mmm-hmm. Do you like it?" I gestured to the back of the booth with as much cool as I could muster. On the rack, all the ingredients were prepped and lined-up in neat rows. The tables were clean. The posters were ready. With an air of importance, I folded my hands over my chest and said, "I did it all for you."

Five pairs of eyes shifted towards us and I felt my back prickle with their glares. I turned to see Seth, Liam, Leo, Rebecca, and Kayden giving me a 'really?' sort-of-look. Seth and Rebecca were cleaning the tables, Liam and Leo were moving the boxes of desserts and Kayden was doing final touches on the cakes. I swallowed. Fine. I didn't do all of it. Did they have to make it so obvious?

I smiled and pulled Tyler's arm to bring her behind the booth. "I mean...all of them helped. We did it. For you." They shook their heads and turned away. Tyler laughed and I gave her a sheepish grin.

"When are we starting? Did the bell ring yet?" Tyler asked as she popped a candy in her mouth, "Also, did we get the chocolate--"

Before she could speak further, I pulled her towards me and wrapped my hands around her waist from behind. Tyler gasped and stopped speaking. The candy wrapper crinkled in her hands and then dropped to the ground. I watched it fall and leaned forward until my chest pressed onto her back. Tyler's breath hitched. I smile as I heard that and softly rested my chin on her shoulders.