5. His Coconut Ice-Cream

BRANDON'S POV

Brandon? Your earphones aren't connected

...earphones aren't connected...

...Brandon...

A frustrated groan left my mouth and I kicked the bed sheet away from my body, picked up the pillow, and buried my face in it. How could I have been so stupid?! That hadn't been in the plan. Not really. I was supposed to eavesdrop, act nonchalant, and get away without getting caught.

Why the heck did I get caught?

Damn earphones.

The table clock beeped as it turned five in the morning. I shut the alarm off at once and shuffled back into the bed. Regret clawed its way through me and settled in the pit of my stomach. If only I had turned back, and acted oblivious to her previous calls... this wouldn't have happened. How am I supposed to face her now?

"Stop being a prick and get up already!"

Huh? Light flooded the room, startling me, and I heard the sound of someone dragging their feet, coming closer to my bed. Still lost in my thoughts, I was unprepared when my pillow was brutally taken away from me. I squinted, voicing out my protest with a kick and shielded my eyes from the blinding white light. When my pillow didn't come back, I slowly peeled my eyes open, staring at a scrunched up face of an ugly looking Seth. "What the fuck man?"

"Get up, we have practice," he replied, walking a bit away from me and then throwing the pillow back.

The pillow hit me in the face. I pushed it aside, sat on the bed and glared at him. "Can't you be any nicer?"

Seth laughed, and walked back to my bed. His bare torso filled my view and he poked a finger at my chest, rubbing the spot in annoyance. "Nicer? You didn't let me sleep a wink last night! How can I be nice to you?"

"Whoa!" The door barged open and a perplexed Leo poked his head inside. "What the hell did you two do yesterday?"

Both of us froze for a second, distantly aware how our pose and conversation could have given the wrong idea to the spectator. I expected Seth to brush it off or laugh it out, but he draped his hand around my shoulders and leaned towards me. I cringed away in disbelief, but he kept up with the act.

Leo gulped, looking far too interested in the scene than he should have been. I expected him to produce a bucket of popcorn from somewhere, pop up a chair and munch around like we were his favorite daily soap drama. (It was even mildly possible, considering he got his lollipops from basically thin air.)

"Seth."

"Why? Are you embarrassed?"

I stared at back him. He fluttered his eyelids.