14. Her Cherry Ice-Cream

TYLER'S POV

Everything was a blur

Everything was a blur. Snippets of my conversations with Brandon and Leo circled inside my mind. I couldn't make sense of them. What did we talk about? It was hard to recall. Honestly, it didn't matter at the moment. All I could feel was the heat. Washing over from my head to my curled toes. It was hot. Unbearably hot. A bead of sweat rolled down my neck and I tried to wipe it off. I frowned when I touched my neck. Why was I so sweaty? Annoyed, I twisted in the bed and rubbed my face into the pillow. The pillow was soft and bouncy, and I melted into it, smelling the faint scent of deodorant and mint. Instead of waking me up, the refreshing smell pulled me back into the slumber.

Sometime later, maybe a minute or ten, I heard someone speak. It was difficult to hold a thought, and every time I tried to concentrate on the speaker, my head spun and I lost focus. Something moved, but I couldn't figure out what. Even in the haze, I wondered if my body was in motion, but I didn't feel anything.

My throat was parched, and it made me hallucinate. Instead of dreaming about unicorns flying over water fountains, I imagined Satan roasting me alive over a pit. Ah, am I really thirsting for water? Or is it something more sinful? My thoughts turned to a different direction, and I giggled. There was something I needed to remember. A little uneasiness that bit into my happiness again and again. What was it? Think, think, think...something about proving...

Someone breathed next to my ear and I felt the warmth of the body. Even with the undeniable heat, the warmth attracted me, and I twisted, trying to wrap my hand around the torso. It was futile. I remained empty handed.

"Tyler," someone whispered my name and then grunted.

I mumbled something incoherent. The grunt followed again, longer and louder this time, and I felt the bed move. It was a short movement the first time. I didn't think too much of it. Then it got harder and the bed shook. Up and down, up and down, up and down. It made me dizzy and nauseous. I whimpered.

"Sorry," the voice spoke with difficulty, "just a bit more. It would have been better if you were awake."

The movement continued and transcended into my dreams as I thought of massage chairs and earthquakes. Surprisingly, it was peaceful and calming. That is until my body shifted, and my head slammed into the headboard. My hand flew to my head, and I rubbed the back of my head, feeling a lump form under my fingers. What the fuck is going on? It was the first coherent sentence I could form. More uneasiness settled in when something wet dripped on my legs.

The wetness made me flinch and I tried to pry my eyes open even though the overhead light was too bright. The pain was dissipating but it still stung. I wiggled my toes and shook my head to clear my mind off the dizziness. The fogginess cleared for a moment.

"Tyler? Can you hear me?"

"Hmm?" I squinted and saw a face looming above me through my eyelashes. It blocked the light and I sighed in relief.