Wifey Part 2 - Chapter 1

Chapter 1

The meeting with Ethan and Zeke went well for Demetrius. As expected, the Coleman brothers wanted to protect Johari. As a group, the three men traveled to Sydney's store where Johari worked to tell her the news, and Johari didn't take it well.

Demetrius informed her that he wasn't helping Trenton, but it didn't stop Johari from going into shock. He wanted to do more for her but felt out of place, so he left her in the hands of the Colemans.

An employee approached him on the way out. "Can I help you pick something out?"

Demetrius paused. It wasn't Nina's birthday or a holiday, but he wanted to show his appreciation for his wife. He wanted to remined her how much she meant to him. He paid for the purchase and was headed out of store when he recognized someone walking in. He got the man's attention.

"Hey, you're Garrett, right?"

Garrett nodded his head. "Yeah, I am. Do I know you?" he asked.

Of course, Garrett knew him. Demetrius was the man married to the woman he loved. The man Nina refused to leave to be with him.

"Yeah, we met at my sister's party last year. Demetrius Rice," he stated, sticking his hand out.

They shook hands.

"Garrett Kingston. I remember now. Deena is a good friend of mine," Garrett said.

"I think she considers you more than a friend. She talks about you often."

Garrett smiled. "No, she understands that I'm already involved. In fact, she set us up."

"My bad. Well, I'm glad she could help you find love. I'm headed to my wife," he replied, holding up the gift.

Garrett frowned. "Cool, she's a lucky girl. Deena mentioned she was pregnant. How far along is she?"

"She just hit the six-month mark."

Six months ago, Garrett started sleeping with Nina. That was his baby Nina was carrying. It was on the tip of his tongue to say something, but he decided against it. He didn't want to hurt Nina. He loved her too much.

"Congratulations. You know my girl is pregnant too. I wouldn't mind hanging out with another expecting father, since a lot of my friends are still single."

Demetrius didn't have anywhere else to be. He was excited to be a daddy and would talk about it to anyone that wanted to listen. "Do you have time for a drink?"

Demetrius ended up staying out longer with Garrett and came home to find Nina still in bed. He made a quick dinner and fell asleep beside her. The next morning at eight in the morning, he kissed her gently on the lips before leaving for work.

Nina woke up around ten in the morning. Despite sleeping most of the previous day, she was still exhausted. She wanted to give her doctor a call because something didn't feel right with the baby.

She checked her phone and saw messages from Demetrius and her boyfriend Garrett. Nina cringed at the phone. She couldn't believe she created a mess with her life. She called Demetrius, but the call went to voicemail. He was probably attending to business. She didn't want to talk to Garrett because she wasn't in the mood to fight with him.

Needing some fresh air and someone to talk to, she texted Deena to see if they could meet up for some lunch. Deena was Demetrius's sister and the closest thing Nina had to a best friend.

An hour later, Nina arrived at the restaurant and observed Deena talking with a couple. She couldn't see their faces, but the conversation didn't seem friendly. Deena proved Nina's suspicion when she stomped away from the couple and sat down fuming.