Cuddy Buddy - Prologue

This is the start of book 2, Cuddy Buddy :)

Cuddy Buddy - Prologue

Ethan Coleman was enjoying the Fourth of July party at his brother Zeke's home. His family and friends that were also in attendance were relishing the beautiful Texas weather and were socializing in a pleasant manner. The sky had transformed from day to night, and hanging lights were set up around the patio area to create the perfect atmosphere. The kids in attendance were running around with sparklers and fireworks occasional lit up the sky. All in all, it was a good time.

He watched from his location near the pool as his brother and sister-in-law Sydney were in bliss, as multiple people cooed over the newest addition to the Adams-Coleman clan, Theodore "Teddy" Coleman. His nephew was adored for multiple reasons. The most important thing was that he was conceived after Sydney and Zeke had lost a set of twins. It was an unfortunate incident due to a senseless woman attacking Sydney. It was from the pain of the miscarriage that brought them close together as a couple.

Sydney and Zeke were what people referred to as "couple goals." Their relationship started out as a friendship and progressed over time into romance. Ethan thought that Sydney was the perfect complement to Zeke. A few years ago, Ethan would have run away from any type of commitment, but now he wanted a family like his brother had. He wanted someone to love and come home to after a long day of work. He currently came home to an empty apartment every night.

Ethan loved his ten-week-old nephew just as much as everyone else, but the dimple-cheeked baby couldn't tear his attention from a certain woman, Sierra Adams. Ethan, being twenty-six years old, was the youngest and the last single brother of four. In addition to Zeke being married, his older brothers Gavin and Trevor were also attached to their soul mates. Ethan felt that type of connection with Sierra, but she wasn't too keen on the idea of being attached to him or any man.

He had plenty of opportunities to find another woman to be in a relationship with, but it never worked out. Dating was useless. Ethan went out on dates, but he always compared them to Sierra. He had tried to avoid the pecan skinned beauty, but it seemed that whenever he would go one direction, she was there to taunt him. Now, he wondered if she purposely wore the crop top and mini skirt today because she knew he would be present at the family gathering. Or did she wear it for the man she was talking to?

Shoot me now.

He had never been in this situation before. Usually when he ended a relationship with a female communication ended along with it. He would send or receive an occasional text or call, but for the most part he never saw the woman. It wasn't a typical breakup between him and Sierra because he could never escape seeing her. They were bound to run into one another due to his brother being married to Sierra's sister. In all actuality, they were technically family, but it didn't matter to Ethan. They weren't blood relatives and were connected only through marriage. It gave him free reign to fantasize about fucking Sierra whenever he wanted. Watching her now across the yard, he could picture himself taking her to the side of the house and hiking that little skirt up so he could shove his dick inside her. He shook his head and smiled a little at the thought.

Damn, I got it bad.

He was daydreaming so hard that he didn't realize that his brother had walked over to him.

"E, you straight?" Zeke had been standing there for a few minutes trying to gain Ethan's attention.

Ethan took a swig of his beer and shook his head. "Who is that funny looking nigga?"

"Who?" Zeke asked looking around. He was holding Teddy in his arms and was careful not to jostle the baby.

Ethan pointed to where Sierra was standing. She was still talking to the man that he didn't recognize. Ethan was tempted to go over and punch the man in the face if he decided to touch Sierra on the arm again. Why is this nigga so friendly?