Wifey - Chapter 4

Wifey - Chapter 4

After working a long day showing homes, Ethan thought some flowers would put him in a better place with his wife. He walked into Sydney's store and observed Johari behind the counter. He noticed that she looked different today. Johari smiled when she saw him.

"Hey Easy E."

"What's good, JoJo?" he returned.

Johari shrugged. "Nothing much, just enjoying life."

"Why are you so damn happy? I can see all of your teeth."

She laughed. "I signed divorce papers yesterday. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders."

Ethan walked around the counter and gave her a hug. "That's good, Jo."

She returned his hug. "Thanks."

He let go of her. "Now, let's hope his crazy ass doesn't come to Texas."

"What are you going to do if he does?"

"Run, I'm too pretty to fight."

Johari laughed and pushed Ethan away. "You're so silly."

"But for real, I got you. Nothing is going to happen."

"I know."

Johari helped Ethan pick out some flowers for Sierra. "I hope this bouquet of pink lilies brightens her day. I was with her earlier and she was a grouch."

Ethan refused to talk ill about his wife, even though he knew she was being a pain. "Why were you together?"

"She had a doctor's appointment. She said you couldn't make it," Johari was busy fixing the flowers, so she didn't see Ethan's expression. He didn't know anything about the appointment but played it off like he did.

"How was it?"

"She's was upset because she hasn't dilated any. She was hoping to be a centimeter or two. I told her to calm down."

"She is getting anxious. Her due date passed."

Ethan went to grab the flowers from Johari, but she continued walking to the counter and stood behind the register. He was confused; he never had to pay before. "What are you doing?"

"Zeke called and said you can no longer get free flowers."

Ethan laughed. His brother was trying to teach him a lesson. "Is Zeke the owner?"

Johari smiled. "No, but he's married to the owner. What did you do to him this time?"

Ethan smirked. "Nothing. Zeke is just mad because our mom loves me the most. I can't believe he's charging me."

Johari knew there was more to the story. Ethan and Zeke were always butting heads and playing jokes on each other. She gave the flowers to him. "Don't tell on me."

Ethan winked at her. "You're the best."

Ethan stopped and grabbed some dinner for him and Sierra before driving home. He found her in the baby's room. She was folding clothing and placing it into the dresser.

He wrapped his arms around her pregnant belly. "Hi baby."

Sierra moved out of his arms. "Don't touch me."

Ethan sighed. The situation with Sierra was getting old.

"Sierra, I can't live like this. I understand that you're tired of being pregnant."

"Are you pregnant? No, you're not, so don't tell me that you understand."

"Baby."

"Don't baby me. I'm exhausted. None of my clothes fit, and my feet are swollen. I look and feel a mess."

"You're beautiful," Ethan interrupted. He wiped away her tears. "Nothing about you is a mess and Sammie will be here soon."

"I went today, and they said that he hasn't made any progress. If he doesn't come by next week, they're going to induce me."

Ethan's feelings were hurt that Sierra went to an appointment without him. "Why didn't you tell me you were going?" It wasn't on the schedule.

"I didn't want to bother you. I wasn't feeling well, so I made an extra visit. It's no big deal."

"It is to me. I want to be there for everything."

"If I would have gone into labor, I would've called you."

He didn't like that his wife was pulling back and hiding things from him. "Is there anything I can do to make you feel better? If could carry Sammie in my body, then I would. Just let me be there for you, Sierra."

"I need your dick inside me."