Zeke and Sydney: Lovers or Friends Chapter 2

"It was the biggest dick I've ever seen!"

Sydney choked on her tea after she heard her sister's statement. Some of the contents spilled onto the table. She grabbed a napkin and wiped it down.

"Sorry," she apologized to her sister and best friend.

Across the table at the restaurant, Alana laughed loudly. "How big, Sierra?"

"Honey, it was so big that it started talking to me."

"What it say?" Alana asked, continuing to egg Sierra on.

"Eat me."

Sydney tried not to laugh, but a small giggle escaped her lips. Leave it to her sister to make her forget about her grumpy mood. The lighthearted conversation was helping to ease her dismantled heart.

Sunday was the only day she had off from work. She looked forward to not having to get up early and having brunch with her sister and Alana. In those couple of hours, they were able to catch up and gossip. Today's topic of discussion was Valentine's Day. Sydney wasn't looking forward to sharing, so she pushed Alana to go next.

"How was your night?" Sydney asked, after Sierra was done telling them about the talking dick.

Alana blushed. "I met a guy." Sierra and Sydney exchanged alarmed looks over the table as Alana continued to speak. "I think he's the one. His name is Christopher, and he was so sweet and romantic."

"Blah blah blah, get to the sex," Sierra requested.

"She just met the guy last night. There wasn't any sex," Sydney interjected. She looked at Alana to agree with her and observed her best friend nibbling on her bottom lip. "Lana, please tell me you didn't give it up to the man after just meeting him."

Sierra laughed. "I bet you five dollars she gave the pussy up."

"Alana?"

"I did!" she finally admitted.

Sierra reached her hand out. "Pay up."

Sydney ignored Sierra and focused on Alana, who seemed lost in her memories. "Lana, what were you thinking?"

"I was lonely on the most romantic day of the year. I needed to be with someone." Alana pointed at her. "Syd, don't look at me with those judgmental eyes."

"This is the face of concern, not judgment," Sydney replied.

"Well, look at my face. I'm judging you," Sierra teased.

Sydney shot her sister a look that silently screamed shut up. The setback with Sierra's personality is that she goofed around too much. Sydney reached across the table and grabbed Alana's hand.

"I just don't want you to expect it to turn into something, Lana."

"It's going to work out; I have his phone number and address." She pulled her hand away from Sydney's and took her cell phone out. "I'll prove it."

Sydney sat back in her chair and played with the remains of her food. Alana was what most men referred to as a Latin bombshell. She could get any man's attention, but couldn't hold on to it long term. Sydney hoped that it worked out with this guy, but had a feeling it wouldn't. She became worried about her friend. Her family liked to joke that Sierra was a little crazy, well Alana was mentally unstable. She was a disaster when Sydney first met her in high school, but became better after getting on medication.

Alana put the call on speaker. "Hello," a male with a deep voice answered. Sydney relaxed while Alana beamed with excitement.

"Hey, it's Alana, from last night."