Cuddy Buddy - Chapter 3

Zeke drummed his fingers across the bar and looked at his watch for a second time. "We've been waiting for over an hour. Are we early or is he running late?" he asked his brother in law. He had spent most of his Tuesday in meetings and was ready to get home.

Jonathan shrugged his shoulders and grabbed a few peanuts that were situated in front in him. "He didn't give me a time. Just told me to get my ass here."

Zeke watched him carefully and criticized Jonathan' actions. "You do know those peanuts probably have a lot of germs and bacteria. I saw a documentary about it. Some people don't wash their hands in the bathroom and then come get a handful to eat."

Jonathan was amused when Zeke pulled out a small tube of hand sanitizer and offered it to him. "You need to get out more." Jonathan spit the nuts into a napkin. "And next time keep that information to yourself."

Zeke took a sip of his beer. "What are you trying to say?" he asked afterwards.

"That you're starting to sound and act like a housewife."

Zeke's eyes lit up with excitement. "Did you know Bravo is thinking of bringing the housewives series to Texas? I wonder what city they'll choose. Maybe we can get Syd on the show if they come to Austin."

Jonathan looked at Zeke dumbfounded. "What in the hell is happening to you?"

Zeke laughed. "You'll see when you get married and have kids. All you think about is germs and your wife hobbies end up being yours. The show would give your sister more exposure. I'm trying to get her to open another store."

Jonathan frowned. Kids was so far off his radar. He didn't want to even approach the subject with Zeke. His last relationship was with a woman that used him to hurt his sister Sydney. She was the same woman that was still in love with Zeke, who she had been with before him. Jonathan wasn't interested in dating after that train wreck with Danielle. He welcomed the distraction when Ethan walked into the bar.

"You look like hell."

Ethan grunted. "I feel like hell too." He sat at the empty stool next to Jonathan and ordered a drink.

"Late night with Sierra?" Zeke asked cheekily.

Ethan assumed that Sierra confided in Sydney who then told Zeke. Ethan wasn't in the mood to joke around. "Did you know that she's moving? She likes to share so much did you already know about that little bit of information? Because I just found out this morning after I was inside of her."

Jonathan groaned. "I need to get more friends. I don't want to hear about you and my sister fucking." He had to hear the same nonsense from Zeke when he spoke about Sydney.

Ethan snorted. "Well I doubt there will be any more fucking. That woman has some issues."

Zeke shook his head and chuckled a little. "You're just realizing that? I tried to warn you."

Jonathan bumped shoulders with Ethan and pointed to the tray in front of him. "E, did you know bar peanuts have shit and pee on them." He was trying to lighten the mood of conversation.

Ethan's face scrunched up towards Jonathan. "Come again?" That comment came out of left field. It was completely off topic.

Jonathan pointed to Zeke. "Desperate housewife over there gave me a speech about the germs."