Cuddy Buddy - Chapter 2

By Monday morning, Ethan had run out of ideas so he did the one thing that always worked when it came to women. He brought Sierra flowers. He knew right away that he had to go above and beyond for his girl though. One dozen roses wasn't going to do the trick. He needed multiple.

As he got out of his BMW and headed into Sydney's flower store, he reminisced on the first time he met Sierra. He could never forget that experience even if he wanted to. The woman left a lasting impression on him.

Three years ago

Ethan walked into his brother's home and instantly was attacked by the smell of food. His stomach growled in approval as he crossed the threshold and shut the door behind him. Zeke had called and invited him to a small dinner party. Ethan traveled from Louisiana to Texas for the free food but he was also looking forward to meeting Zeke's new friend Sydney. Ever since his brother met the woman, she was all Ethan heard about. Sydney this and Sydney that. Ethan came to see what all the fuss was about.

He had joked that Sydney must have a pussy made of gold but then was notified by Zeke that he and Sydney were just friends with no sex involved. It was an odd thing to hear because Zeke talked about her like she was a girlfriend. He wasn't the only one that was confused by the situation. His brothers Trevor and Gavin also thought the arrangement was a little off.

Heading into the kitchen he grabbed a plate and started plastering food on top of it. After his plate was full of chicken, ribs, potato salad, greens and macaroni and cheese he went and sat down to eat. He didn't care about anyone at the party, just the food in front of him. He couldn't remember the last time he had a home cook meal. His mother Pearl had refused to feed him since she caught a naked woman in his apartment.

"This is banging," he said while licking the barbecue sauce from his hands.

A giggle caught his attention. "I'm glad you like my cooking."

Ethan raised his head and looked at the beauty standing in front of him. Her dazzling smile caught his attention. "You cooked all of this?"

"I did. I'm sure you're aware that your brother can't cook. I didn't want him to poison all of the guest."

Ethan realized that the woman in front of him must be Sydney. Zeke had told him what a great cook she was. Damn she was gorgeous. "Yeah, I'm aware," Ethan responded with a chuckle.

Sydney pulled her hands from behind her back and presented Ethan with a plate full of treats. "After you finish that plate, try the deserts. My sister is an amazing baker."

He took the plate and placed it on the coffee table in front of him. "Thank you."

"No problem. It's great to meet you Ethan. I've heard so much about you."

When Sydney was attempting to walk away Ethan grabbed her by the wrist. "Wait a minute, sugar," he purposely said the words with his Louisianan twang.

Sydney laughed. "I'll tell your brother."

Right on cue Zeke appeared right beside Sydney and handed her a drink. "Tell me what?"

Sydney took a swig of the drink and handed it back to Zeke. "Your little brother is trying to hit on me. You didn't tell me how cute he was."