Tears Come First ~ chapter 3

“This is my temporary home it’s not where I belong.  Windows and rooms that I'm passing' through.  This is just a stop, on the way to where I'm going.  I'm not afraid because I know this is my Temporary Home." Sounded my alarm. I threw my hand over to hit the buzzard. It had been awhile since I have heard that song. I remember a few months after Leigh-Ann’s death I would always listen to that song at least ten times a day.

Coming out of my thought I got up out of bed. Of course today would be bad. When is any day ever a good day for me.

After throwing on black sweat pants and a pink hoodie on, I grabbed my bag and left. Walking to school usual didn’t bother me but it was rain out so when I would arrive at school I would be soaking wet.

While I was walking I heard a car blare its horn. The noise startled me causing me to jump and twist me ankle on the sidewalk. I fell down to the ground gripping a hold of my ankle. I didn’t cry because in my life, I’ve had way worse. I can’t lie and say it didn’t hurt.  While I was on the wet ground holding my ankle I saw the person in the car get out and run over to me.

“Oh Emma I am so sorry, I only honked to see if you wanted a ride honestly. I didn’t expect you to get scared.” Tyler exclaimed in a sincere voice.

I took a piece of paper I saw sticking out of my history book and grabbed it along with a marker I saw at the bottom of my bag. I scribbled down:

‘I’m fine no big deal’

“At least let me give you a ride to school.” He begged me with his big brown eyes.

I nodded trying to get up.  My ankle was screaming in pain causing me to fall back on to the sidewalk. But I felt a pair of arms catch me.  As soon as I was standing he let go but only for me to collapse on the concrete beneath me. My ankle wouldn’t give me any support I just prayed it wasn’t broken Kevin would kill me for that.

“Let me take a look at your ankle” he asked moving his hands towards my ankle.

I quickly pulled my leg away from him despite the pain that screamed out when I did. Turning my gaze to him I and shook my head. I don’t like people touching me. Turning my head I was staring at the ground. After I pulled my ankle away Tyler looked angry, which I’m not going to lie scared me.

“Okay then let me at least take you to see my parents, they’re both doctors.” He begged.

I knew he wouldn’t let me go without getting check out so I just nodded my head. Hoping this will be quick, I allowed him to help me over to his car. After I was in I was looking around, he parents must be loaded for them to get him an eclipse.

He got in soon following me, I really wanted to ask him when he moved here and stuff but I was too scarred to talk. What happens if I would say the wrong thing at the wrong time, making him slap me? Kevin said “People who speak when they’re not suppose to, get punished.” I hated to get punished.

While he was driving he stayed concentrated on the road and didn’t talk, which I was thankful for. About 20 minutes in the car, we finally came to a stop. He turned off the car and got out; before I knew it he was at my door helping me get out.

As he helping me inside I notice there was a sign on the building that read Dr. Price Health plus. So I was guessing that this was his parent’s office but I could be wrong. As we got inside the place looked bare then I noticed they opened at nine and it was a little passed eight. So it had to be his parents place.

He helped me to a chair and told me he would be right back and took off threw the door. I looked around and notice this place looked like a hospital and smelt like one too. I hated hospital’s they always reminded me of death.