Tears Come First ~ Chapter 37

Here's a new chapter! It's a little short but I'll have the next one up tomorrow or Monday it just depends on my life.

Take a minute and vote!!

I hope you like this story, if you have any suggestions for this story just leave a comment!

VOTE/COMMENT/FAN

Remember I have another story you can go read!!

Do you like the new cover I made?

(Not edited)

**************************************

Previously:

Should I go back to Tyler? What if Stacy really has a witch helping her? Are witches even real? I wanted to scream out but I knew it would do no good but frighten the kids. Looking in the rearview mirror I saw how peaceful they looked in their sleep and it was in this moment I knew I needed to protect them anyway I possibly could.

****************************************

The sign to the airport approached ahead of me. I had no idea where I was headed but I knew I had to do this. I made my way to the unloading zone where I could easily get the kids out and get on our way to some place new.

A lady with a smile came up to me. “Ma’am do you need any help today?”

“Please, I need to unload my bags and get my kids out of the car. We are running late and I have to get them to their grandmothers before she kicks the bucket.” I lied smoothly.

The smile dropped. “I am so sorry I can have someone come help you unload. If you would like, I can have our valet Kipp over there move your car to save you time.”

“Why thank you, how kind of you.” Going to the trunk I opened it up.  She started to address a guy to pile it into the cart he had brought over.

Seeing they had the luggage taken care of, I walked to get Arabella awake. “Sweetie wake up, we need to get going.” I whispered to her as I stoked her hair.

She opened her eyes a little but closed them again. Within 5 seconds her eyes shot open. “Mommy?” She cried, causing my heart to break.

I quickly unbuckled her and wrapped her in my arms as she balled her eyes out. “Yes I’m here. You are fine now. Calm down Princess. I am going to need you to calm down so I can get your brother. The three of us are going to take a trip.” I comfort her.

She pulled back in my arms and looked me dead in the eye. “What about daddy?”

I felt a tear slide down my face. “Baby your daddy won’t  be joining us on this trip.”

Arabella remained quiet. I placed her on her feet as grabbed her hand to pull her around to the other side so I could get Jacob out. Grabbing his car seat in one hand I held Arabella tiny hand in my other. The guy who packed our luggage told me to come back to customer service when I knew my departure time and he would make sure it made it into our flight.

I stood with my kids staring at the flights. Where did I want to go? Should I leave the country…wait I don’t have passports. Maybe take a journey west. I choose to go with flight 98. It was taking me somewhere in the Midwest.

The flight leaves at 3:00, so now we had to wait around 4 hours. After I told the guy what our flight would be I decided to get the stroller off the cart as well as the diaper bag and my purse for the time being.

“Mommy can we get something to eat, my tummy hurts.” I looked apologetic to Arabella. I had no idea when she last ate.

“Yes sweetie, let’s go have lunch.” I grabbed Arabella’s hand and pulled her with me.

“Mommy will that lady take me again?” My heart froze as I saw the scarred look on her face.

Stopping for a moment I bent down to Arabella’s level. I wiped away the tears that fell down her face. “Listen her sweetie; I will do whatever it takes to keep you safe and away from her. This is why we are leaving on a vacation.”

She nodded her head as if she understood. “How about we go eat at the McDonald’s they have in here?” Her face lit up instantly.

“Please mommy can we?”

“Yes we can.” Standing back up I had her grab a hold of the stroller as we went on our way for lunch. I got both of the kid’s happy meals. After I had Arabella all set to eat I sat and helped Jacob.

“Mommy are you not hungry?” I looked at Arabella as she drank from her milk.

“No, mommy’s stomach is upset.”  I hated not telling her the truth, but I could not tell an almost 4 year old that we are running away in order to keep both her and her brother safe as well as leaving their father behind.

She stared at me for a moment. “You don’t look to good mommy.”

“I know, I am just very tired.” I tried to get her off the topic.

“Why won’t you sleep mommy?”

I watched as my little girl waited for my response. She was so mature for her age. “Because baby I need to keep an eye on yourself and your brother.”

“I can watch him, and you can take a nap.” She smiled up at me.

“Its okay baby girl, mommy will be fine.” I promised her as she finished her chicken nuggets.

Looking at the clock in the lobby we still had 2 hours left until we could board the flight. I should have chosen a different place, somewhere that we could have boarded a plane instantly. That was a dumb choice on my part. Arabella had fallen asleep on my lap while Jacob was asleep in the stroller.

I wish I could just close my eyes and sleep. Last night was awful, I had been up worrying about Arabella getting no sleep then I had to flee to save her. Now I am at the airport waiting to leave all of this behind me.

I wonder if the aching in my chest would ever stop hurting. I knew Tyler and I were mates but I never knew leaving him would be this painful, mentally and physically. Would I always feel this pain? What am I going to do when I leave here?

Am I supposed to start another family, buy a house, and get a job? I wanted none of that. I have a home here. I had the perfect family, now when the bitch name Stacy says leave I take off running… Why am I such a baby? Looking down I remebered it’s because of the two angles I have surrounding me.

Arabella started moving around in my arms I was afraid she was having a bad dream. Her eyes shot open with tears falling down her face.

“Shh… baby your okay, mommy is here.” I tried to comfort her.

She looked up at me for reassurance. “Mommy…” She took her eyes off of my face. All of a sudden Arabella jumped off of my lap and started to run. “Daddy!”

Suddenly I couldn’t move as I watched her run into his open arms. How did Tyler find me?

******************************************

Sorry for the cliffhanger :)