Chapter Forty (40)

Tylers p.o.v

[~*~Time Skip~*~]

Everybody has been in and out of the hospital. Its been a week.

The doctors have been checking on Owen more as well.

They keep recording his blood and his broken bones, and his ear, they put finger splints on his fingers, and the others signed his casts after he granted permission.

By tomorrow, they will know if they can release him. Hes been eating solid food, but more to the mushy kinds. Like cream corn, veggie smoothies, fruit smoothies, potatoes, non-toasted bread. porridge, bananas, jelly, applesauce, tatter tauts, ice cream, yogurt, eggs. Basically the things you can eat when you have braces, but the less chewy, and hard things.

And speaking of braces which ties into appointments, the week Owen gets out will be busiest, because he has to get rechecked for any STI's, just to make sure, then therapy classes Ms Randy wants to see about for Owen and I--not the couple ones, but the life therapy. You know? Then the day for his braces, which I dont even know. And then the many check-ups for his blood.

The doctors said his eyes have gotten darker. But they dont know how it could be from the blood transfusion because they have never seen people physical change. So theres a big mystery.

Oh and then I have to go back to my house, and get my stuff, because I am moving in with Ms Randy, she thought it would be a good idea because then I could help her with Owen, because the doctors want him on the Catheter, but Ms Randy said she might just take that off because Owen is already uncomfortable with it on, and it always slips off, and he has to learn how to hold it in, because hes been on it so long, and used to just going when he needs too.

Hes actually been awake more, but his eating habits are not getting better as I wished they were, hes still skinny. He gained some weight but he still isnt the weight he is supposed to be at his age.

His reactions to peoples touch is slowly getting better, but he still flinches, and winces, so, you have to ask for his permission, but he still will close his eyes until your done making contact, he also doesnt like when people touch under his waist, or near he waist.

The nurses and doctors says it might just be his worries about getting raped, and that he is traumatized so he will be like that until he gets a hold of life and the surroundings around him, so he knows he wont get hurt again; he started to cry in his sleep again, he still doesnt talk, only nods and signs the best he can with his one hand. But hes now aloud to move, and get out of his bed. But he has to stay inside the hospital and in a wheel chair though.

Oh. And the court dates are set, they found Jared, but still no Sean. They wanted to have the testifying done here in the hospital downstairs, but Owen didnt want Jared to be in the hospital. It made him uncomfortable and he started to cry so much when he heard the news, and I dont blame him. But the whole Sean thing still puts me on edge.

Ms Randy has even talked about moving, so there is no chance that Sean will ever be near Owen again.

Today, I was taking Owen out of the room after he ate a resonable amount of food. He likes the potatoes and cream corn. But no liquid stuff, it still comes out of his mouth when he drinks, it upsets him, and he wont drink nothing unless its not watery

I stared at Owen in the hospital bed, hes started moving more now, the dark circles under his eyes only show little smudges. The room was much more clearer, half the stuff in here before is gone, and he had less things attached to him. Which let me breath more.

My eyes land on Owen, hes wrestling with something under the cover giving it dirty looks a lot.

He starts to fidget with the blanket cover, and everything beside him, knocking a few things off his bedside table, that I am now walking to, to help pick them up.