Chapter Four (4)

Tylers p.o.v

I pulled the fragile little Owen into a tight hug, I wrapped my arms around his neck and brang him in for a hug. Sooner than later he finally gave in, he gripped my shirt and started to cry. Hard.

I wasnt worried about my shirt I owed it to him–to Owen-it was my fault. If I walked with him to lunch, and sat him down at the table. He wouldnt of had to go outside to eat by himself and never would of ran into Sean.

I always used to see him getting pushed around by Sean but I never thought anything of it;  I wanted to talk to him I always did, but my friends would have thought that I wasnt straight because of  hanging out with him, and Owen is gay or that is what everybody says. But hes also is quite, short for his age and doesnt have friends. What I witnessed yesterday Sean punching him in the stomach, I froze. I wanted to see what would happen but I regret it now, I should have stopped him I shouldnt have let him walk away from me.

I should of helped.

So once I had the chance in Language Arts I asked him to sit with my friends and me at lunch he agreed he even said 'Id love to' those words made me smile, but when lunch was over Tarrah said she saw him just standing behind us he didnt do anything he just watched–then he frowned and turned to walk away with his head down. It hurt me to hear that, I dont blame him though, our table is crowded and loud. I didnt even think about him.

Im a bad friend I know.

But when he ran into me outside, I was happy until I saw his face, he had blood running down his nose, tears mixing with that blood and a slightly bruised jaw and his shirt was just as bloody it wasnt even blue anymore. The only thing I was thinking was Who the hell did that to Owen. So I lead him to my Jeep to clean him up. He didnt stop me or even try, so I lifted him up and stood in between his legs. I could feel his pain–so I took care of him, when I was cleaning his face all he did was stare at me with his big brown eyes–his beautiful brown eyes that showed no kind of emotion. No life.

He stopped crying and I pulled away from him and moved his legs facing forward and buckled him in he was sleeping or was about too. I closed the door then got into the front seat. Before I started the car I pulled out my phone 'Where do you live?' I gave it to him, then he started to type back 'Im OK, I can walk' he passed it back and started to unlock the door.

”Hell No” I said aloud then locked the door again and he turned around and scowled at me. He grabbed my cell and started to type again Walnut street

  I nodded my head and started the vehicle heading toward the direction towards his house.

About fifteen minutes I pulled up to a white small yet big it was a two story house. I got out of the car and Owen was sleeping his head was up against the window, he looked so.... peaceful.

Instead of waking him up, I opened the door slowly so he wouldnt fall out by his feet was his bag; I picked it up and dug threw it to find the object I was looking for a key. I put it in my hand then picked up Owen, Wrapping his legs around my waist and his arms around my shoulders, it felt like I was carrying a toddler. I walked the stairs and put the key in the lock turning it right.

”Success” I murmured to myself, turning the knob and opening the door. I stepped in then shut it quickly behind me, his house was so homey.  To the left, right by the door was stairs and to the right the kitchen and down the hallway was the TV room; and Im guessing after than a family room. All the walls were a nice cream colour.

I walked up the stairs–shoes off and Owen still in my arms. I looked in every single room, when I came across one that was definitely Owens, a dark purple, bright grey sheets, and gray curtains. I walked in and placed him on his bed, looking down at his clothes his reddish-purple color shirt, which I took off, leaving his unaffecte under shirt on, and then went down to his belt which had a buckle on it. I never got how you got them on or off your belt. I struggled to get it off, but once I did, I proceed to take down his pants. I put his clothes on his desk and let my eyes roam over his body. He was definitely skinny but not the anorexic skinny.

Uner the shirt, I could see on his stomach was imprinted with two bruise a faded one from yesterday and a purplish-black one bruise from today. I felt like I just got punched in the face by guilt, I sat on his bed just starring at him. I feel like a creep but I couldnt help it. It was my fault.

About ten minutes of just starring at his sleeping body, I pulled the covers over him and left the house. Making sure the door was locked, I turned and walked to my car got in and drove off down the road...

______________________________________

Song - Crush on you

Photo - Old book cover

Enjoy~!