Christmas (Part 2)

headcanon by @partdemigod, but i changed it a bit

 from my pjo after the war

Cass, Age 3: Wow, she just follows

"C'mon Cass, it's Christmas!" Percy announced as he took her by the waist and lifted her high enough so she could place the angel on top of their Christmas tree. 

It was a tradition that Percy liked to follow, and Annabeth was perfectly fine with it.

"When we go to Jason and Piper's house, you and Finn will get to do it too," Percy told her happily.

*

"C'mon guys put it up together," Percy encouraged them as Percy got Cass and Jason got Finn.

They showed a toothy grin before placing the angel on top of the tree.

Cass, age 6: Wow, she's wants yellow

"I like the yellow angel, dad," Cass complained as Percy passed her the blue one.

"But blue's my favourite colour," Percy told her.

"Yeah? Maybe you should change it."

"Oh gods, just let her do it her way, Seaweed Brain," Annabeth said as she was getting ready for the dinner at Jason and Piper's house.

"But we always use the blue angel!" Percy whined.

"And we should change it to yellow. Just this year?" Cass pleaded with her eyes.

"I'm throwing that yellow one out," Percy mumbled as he picked Cass up.

*

"I want to do it on my own," Cass told Percy.

"This is Finn's house. Do it together. For me?" Percy hoped Cass would say yes.

Cass was getting into the phase where she wanted to do things on her own, and hated sharing.

"Alright, but you're buying me cookies."

"I'll bake them."

"I hope they're yellow."

Cass, age 8: Wow, she's initiating

"Are you making blue cookies, dad?" Cass asked as she entered the kitchen.

"Sure am, scamp," Percy replied.

"Well, I was thinking..." 

"What was going on in that mechanical head of yours..." Percy rolled his eyes, truly related to Athena obviously, before mumbling, "can't you ever stop thinking?"

"I was thinking that it was time to put the angel on the tree. Like what we do every year."

"Well, yeah. Once I get this batch in the oven."

*

"Finn! C'mon, we gotta put that angel up right now!" Cass yelled as she dragged Finn along.

"Someone's overly happy about the angel," Jason said as he noticed Cass.

"She just loves tradition."

Cass, age 10: Wow, she's getting heavy

"Dad, c'mon! The angel!" Cass said as she tried to drag Percy away from the fishes.

"Honestly, you act just like a kid," Cass said as she continued to disturb him.

"Alright, alright," Percy said as he took her hand.

"Pick me up, dad!" Cass said as she took the angel she wanted to be placed on the tree.

"Why isn't it blue?" Percy asked as he noticed the angel.

"That's because I made it, dad. I knew you wouldn't want to hang a different store bought angel. And I was thinking if I wanted to get rid of that blue one, I'd have to use something I made."

"Wow, you're smart."

"I already know that."

He grabbed her by the waist before grunting.

Wow, she's getting heavy. She's taller now, and definitely heavier than when she was three.

*

"Couldn't lift him up today when he wanted to put the angel on!" Jason complained to Percy.

"Yeah, it was tough for me too."

"Just wait a couple of years, they'd be tall enough to do it themselves."

"Dad!" Both Cass and Finn called when they wanted to put the angel on top of the tree together.

"Oh boy," Percy and Jason groaned.

Cass, age 14: Wow, she's getting older

"It's such a lame tradition, dad. Honestly, couldn't you have thought about anything else?" Cass told Percy.

"You were younger then!"

"Ugh, you can put the angel up this year if you want."

"C'mon, scamp, you always do it!"

"Fine, but this is just to get you to shut up." Cass told him, grabbing the blue angel and putting it on the tree herself. 

She was finally tall enough to reach the top, but her attitude towards the angel had changed.

*

"It's sucha lame tradition, honestly," Cass told Finn.

"I think it's pretty fun. We've been doing it for fourteen years, no point giving it up now, huh," Finn told her.

"She's growing up, when are you ever going to grow up, Percy?" Jason joked.

Cass, age 16: Wo- wait, did she say stop?

"Maybe we shouldn't put the angel up this year," Cass told Percy.

"Why not?"

"Because of everything that happened this year. I mean, it was really bad. And obviously that angel wasn't really helping us," Cass voiced her opinions.

"I mean, my boyfriend broke up with me two days before Christmas. One of my best friend in camp died while on a quest. Do you really think the angel is helping us?" Cass asked.

"Just one last time?" Percy asked.

"Alright," she said as she grabbed that blue angel again before placing it on top of the tree.

"I hope you're watching over me."

*

"You can put it on your own, Finn," Cass told Finn as she sat on the sofa.

"No, we always do it together. If you're not going to put the angel up with me, I'm gonna drag you."

"This year has just been terrible to me."

"Yeah, but doesn't mean you stop doing traditions. Traditions you've always been doing since you were a baby. And if he didn't treat you right, it was his lost."

They placed the angel on top of the Christmas tree together just like old times.

"Because I will," Finn told her as he crashed his lips against hers.

And maybe this Christmas wasn't really that bad, and maybe the angel was looking out for Cass.

Cass, age 18: You're my angel

"You putting up the angel, hon?" Percy asked Cass.

"Already up!" Cass smiled at the memory of two years ago.

She loved putting the angel up now. It was something that meant so dear to her.

*

"We're not putting up the angel this year," Finn told her.

Cass scrunched her eyebrows, "why?"

"Because," Finn said as he snaked his arms around her, "why do I need a fake one on the Christmas tree when I've got a real one right here?"

"Happy two years."

*

updated on: 19 dec 2013

here u go, some fass fluff.