Christmas (Part 1)

headcanon by: @partdemigod from instagram

from my pjo after the war

PERCY/ANNABETH

"Ten days to Christmas, Wise Girl!" Percy told Annabeth excitedly as he hugged and kissed her cheek.

The campers were back in Camp Half Blood for the winter break. And the whole camp was excitedly buzzing about Christmas. The Christmas mood was everywhere in camp. Christmas trees were round the corner and the Apollo campers were singing Christmas songs as they sauntered about in camp. 

"Yeah, I know, Seaweed Brain," Annabeth kissed him as the two talked about everything under the sun.

*

"Now campers," Chiron called for order as he stomped his hooves.

"Every year before Christmas, we hold a dance that allows all of you to dress up. This years theme is Disney and you can dress as any characters from Disney."

The campers buzzed as they talked about what characters they would be.

"So, who are you gonna be?" Percy asked Annabeth.

"Rapunzel, because she has blonde hair," Annabeth told Percy. 

Percy knew Annabeth wasn't very enthusiastic in these kind of dances in camp, so she wouldn't really hide anything unless she wanted to.

"What about you?" Annabeth asked.

"It's a secret," Percy replied.

Percy, however, was always very enthusiastic about these kind of dances. He loved to dress up as fictional characters, and this year he already knew which Disney character he would be.

*

"Hey, anyone seen Percy?" Annabeth asked as she sat on the table that the seven had reserved.

The seven responded with a no, and Annabeth was getting frustrated with her boyfriend. Of course, he just had to be late.

Piper was dressed as Pocohantas, while Hazel was dressed as Tiana. They both looked really similar to those Disney characters. Jason decided to be dressed as Prince Charming. Leo decided to be Tarzan, which made everyone start laughing at him. Frank decided to be the Beast from Beauty and the Beast.

"Leo, you might actually win the award," Piper laughed.

Every year during the dance, they had an award for the "best dressed", "funniest costume" and a couple award for the "best dressed couple".

Annabeth was hoping Percy caught her drift with Rapunzel, and got himself a Flynn Rider costume.

*

"And the award for the best dressed goes to..." Chiron started announcing.

Annabeth tapped her foot, feeling very impatient as Percy was still not there.

"Hazel as Princess Tiana," Chiron smiled at Hazel as she happily took her award.

"And the award for the funniest costumes goes -"

"I'm here!" Percy announced as he opened the door the the Mass Hall.

He was dressed in none other than Ariel from The Little Mermaid.

Everyone started laughing at him. He even had seashells to cover his chest.

"Well, I guess the award goes to Percy Jackson," Chiron told him as Percy bounced up the stairs.

"The award for the best dressed couple will be announced at the end of the dance, have a good evening," Chiron told everyone as the campers began playing slow music.

"Oh gods Percy, you look... wonderful," Frank snickered.

"You stole my funniest award!" Leo yelled at Percy.

"It's the one day I could be Ariel, okay!" Percy sighed.

"Seems like you had such a big crush on her, huh?" Jason laughed.

"Shut up," Percy said, his face turning red.

"Alright, you've got some explaining to do, mister," Annabeth told Percy as she dragged him to the dance floor.

*

"I really thought we could win the best dressed couple award!" Annabeth told Percy as she started giggling at his costume. 

His red wig was falling off, and so were the seashells.

"It's okay, we will," Percy told her as he led her to dance.

At the end of the dance, Percy leaned in for a kiss... only to be rejected.

"Ew, I'm not going to kiss another princess!" Annabeth playfully told him.

"What?!" Percy sighed as he just continued dancing with her.

The end of the dance was approaching and Percy decided he had to "do something important". He rushed off without another word.

He soon came back though, right before Chiron announced the best dressed couple. This time, he was dressed as Flynn Rider and had a frying pan in his hand.

"Here, for you," Percy told her giving her the plastic frying pan.

"Why isn't it a real one?" 

"Because I was afraid you'd whack me with a real one," Percy joked.

"Well, since you're Flynn and I'm Rapunzel I guess we gotta do what the characters do best."

*

Percy and Annabeth did win the best dressed couple award, which made Annabeth really happy for the rest of the night.

"So, what made you get two costumes?" Annabeth asked Percy.

"I always wanted to be dressed as Ariel. It's the one day I can dress up as Ariel and not be judged! And win an award," he said as he pointed at his award.

"And I dressed up as Flynn, knowing you wouldn't kiss me unless I was the prince to your princess," Percy told her before continuing, "so it's basically just to get a kiss from you."

And for the rest of the night, the two danced under the moon light - and of course did what Rapunzel and Flynn did best together - kiss. 

-

updated on: 19 dec 2013

i'll be doing more christmas one shots.

ps: my username is now @olaf-the-snowman