Percy and Annabeth: Falling

dedicated to the wattpader who told me to update this cuz she wants to read more. sorry for not remembering your username.

a/n: a super short one-shot.

PERCY

He fell for her once. He'd fall for her again.

"You know, you're falling for her. Just like me and Silena," Beckendorf told Percy.

"Am not," Percy denied.

So maybe he did like Annabeth a little. It didn't mean that he needed to tell the entire camp.

"Don't try to say no, Percy. You totally dig her." Travis nudged him.

"Yeah, always going on tons of quests with her." Connor winked at Percy.

"I'm not falling for her. We're just friends." Percy said it bluntly.

He knew it was a lie, but Percy didn't care.

*

"You two are gonna be the cutest!" Silena squealed as they sat down watching the fourth of July fireworks.

Percy and Annabeth both blushed.

"You even blush at the same time!" Beckendorf teased.

The two didn't dare to look at each other, but Percy secretly hoped that Annabeth liked him. They would really make a cute couple.

*

He kissed her the next summer.

The day after he kissed her under the canoe lake, Travis and Connor stood there grinning. It would've been better if Beckendorf and Silena were there. But they weren't. They were in Elysium.

"Okay, so maybe I fell for her."

Connor and Travis fist-bumped. They had won.

*

When Percy woke up in the wolf house after months of slumber, he remembered her. Other than his name, the only other memory he could remember was Annabeth. She was linked to something. He knew it was definitely love. At that moment, he realised he had fallen for her. Hard

*

He was falling fast. His left hand gripped Annabeth's hand as they fell for what seemed like hours.

*

"Percy, why did you follow me to Tartarus?" Annabeth wondered out loud.

It had been a few years after the war, and Annabeth was curious. A child of Athena was always curious.

The answer came to Percy naturally - just like how being in the sea made him feel at home. 

"I fell for you once. So I fell for you again."