4th of July: Percabeth style

disclaimer: me no own.

Meeting their 40 year old self when they were 18 on the Fourth of July really wasn't what Percy and Annabeth were expecting.

Annabeth and Percy were having an awesome day in the city.

"I can't believed that happened!" Annabeth laughed as she smacked Percy.

"Oh gods, stop teasing me!" Percy stuffed his mouth with some blueberry muffin.

It broke their reverie as a portal appeared and two forty year old jumped out of it. One male and one female.

The male had black hair and green eyes, while the female had blond hair and grey eyes. Coincidence? Nothing was a coincidence in the demigod world.

"Look, we don't have much time," the male started, looking directly at Percy and Annabeth.

"Don't say that, I know I would be calculating all the possibilities of something supernatural happening!" the female started.

"What do you expect me to say?" the male grunted.

"Okay, look. I think you guys can tell we are your future self. I'm Percy Jackson. To prove myself, I'm going to say what I know about me. I love underwater kisses, I love blue and I only wear underwear with trucks on it. " At that, the eighteen year old Percy blushed.

Both the Annabeth's started giggling. The eighteen year old Annabeth blushed more though.

"So, why are you guys here?" Young Annabeth asked.

"Always so fast and quick," muttered both the Percy's. 

At that, both of them got a nudge from the Annabeth's.

"We just wanted to test out the portal. And to tell you that life ahead - at least what we know, is actually quite good," older Percy replied.

"Annabeth, do you think I look old?" Young Percy asked young Annabeth.

"For a forty year old, I don't think so. I think we both look great."

"That's actually really good then. We had a rough two years..." Annabeth told older Percy.

"Oh, we can tell. Post Tartarus Syndrome, not your best friend. But it'll fade. I think it was gone when we were twenty or something," the older Percy replied.

"Yeah, when we finally settled down, all was good," the older Annabeth smiled at the thought.

"So, why don't we talk to our future self more, just so you know, we can mix around?" older Annabeth asked.

Everyone knew Annabeth wasn't someone you wanted to fight with. Young or old.

"So, do Annabeth and I finally get married or something? You said something about settling down," young Percy asked the older one.

"Yeah, you guys actually do. And just a note, never let her kissing you decide on buying a goldfish. Just... don't. You'll regret it. I guess that's my word of advice," older Percy laughed.

"Percy! We aren't suppose to say anything much!" older Annabeth glared at older Percy, as though they already had this conversation before.

"And don't let go of that wedding ring. Hold onto it tightly. Finding it was ha-ard," older Percy muttered.

"I can't believe I'm as careless even with age," young Percy shook his head.

"What did you expect," older Percy grinned before continuing, "you're a Seaweed Brain, always will be."

With that, the older Annabeth had dragged Percy, saying that they had to get back into their own dimension.

"So, how was chatting with your future self?" Annabeth asked.

"Pretty cool actually, realised I'd probably make plenty of mistakes..."

"Let's go to the mall. I want to get... something," Annabeth's eye had a sparkle as though she was planning something.

"I sure hope it has nothing to do with goldfishes."

"Oh it is..."