Thalia and Luke (Ft Annabeth): Just Close Your Eyes

Short Thaluke one-shot. 

Thalia did as she was told. Annabeth was sleeping in the tent, and it was Thalia's turn to keep watch. Luke was somewhere as usual.

She soon heard footsteps approaching, knowing it was Luke.

"Close your eyes. I've got a little something for you."

And so she did. She never felt happier when she opened her eyes. 

Girls her age would have fawned over a white rose. A love letter. Or anything girly. But Thalia got a leather jacket. From that day, she always wore it - even though the temperature was really hot.

She never wanted to admit to Luke that she liked him, and neither did he. They kept it as a secret. It was just like skinny love. Two people who like each other, but are too shy to admit it.

*

They were running. Running away from the cyclops and monsters that were trying to kill them.

"Go! I'd be alright! Get into camp!" Thalia screamed at Grover, Annabeth and Luke.

Luke was hesitant. He didn't know whether to help Thalia. He knew it'd be too late, and so did Annabeth and Grover. To save their life, Grover dragged them into camp boundaries to call for re-enforcements. Luke looked at Thalia one last time, before she collapsed. 

He closed his eyes, and he could still see images of Thalia. 

Closing his eyes always helped.

*

Thalia couldn't believe Luke had betrayed camp. Annabeth. And more importantly, her. She felt broken, and decided to be a maiden forever. Aphrodite had once talked to her that her romance life would be sweet - but a tragedy. She thought her transforming into a tree was enough, but apparently not. 

She gave up on love. 

*

Luke had died a hero's worth. He was a hero after all.

Thalia didn't feel like going for the burial. But every time she closed her eyes, she would always see Luke. Twelve year old Luke. The Luke she loved - very, very much. 

*

a/n: so im not sure about the monsters chasing after them. kinda forgot about it... so yeah.