Chapter Thirty-Two

(Heather's POV)

Lilly, Haze and I went to the store. I'm amazed Skylar even let me take her. That never happened. However, she was good. We were just about to leave, after a two hour shopping spree. Don't get me wrong, we got useful things. We got some clothes for Haze, some food, both adult and baby might I add, and just some things we would all probably enjoy. Except the baby toys. Those were purely Hazelyne's.

"Hey, how do you think Skylar's doing?" Lilly asked.

"I think she's fine. Why you ask?" The hell?

"I don't know. Just a weird feeling i guess." I shrugged it off, and we walked out of the store with many, many bags. 

I'm amazed my trunk held all of this.

After getting all of that put away, we got Haze's car-seat in the car, and buckled, and we headed back home.

On the way, we played some music. Mostly alternative, like All Time Low, Escape the Fate, and stuff like that. Escape the Fate isn't alternative, but you get the idea. I think Hazelyne like it though, because I could hear her giggling or something. Some sort of baby noise that certianly was not upsetting. 

Eventually, we pulled up to the house. Lilly grabbed most of it, while I grabbed a few bags and Haze. 

No way in hell there would be two trips. 

Lilly and I took everything to the kitchen, while I'm still holding Haze very carefully. If I harmed her in anyway, not only would I feel like shit, but Sky would kill me.

Sky.

I fucking loved this girl. She was perfect.

I called her name, and got no response. Probably taking a very well deserved nap.

"I'm going to go ask Sky what she wants for dinner." Lilly said.

"Lil, no. I just called her, and got nothing. She's probably sleeping. Don't wake her up." She looked uneasy.

"Alright." She finally responded, as she started putting groceries and stuff away. I just sat here and played with the baby. She was a spitting image of her mama. It was too adorable.

"Hey, where do you want these clothes?" Lilly asked.

"Oh, I'll take them. Watch my daughter?" I asked. She nodded, and came to get her for me. 

I walked up the stairs, careful to not be loud and wake up my beautiful finace. I walked to the bedroom, and the door was closed.

Dammit. I'm bad at being quiet when it comes to opening and closing things. And, knowing her, she would wake up with the door opened and get upset.

Then again she would see her daughter and be happy again, so fuck it.

I carefully, and quietly, turned the handle and opened the door. I tiptoed in the little hallway, leading to our room. 

When I got there, I couldn't belive what I saw. Before I knew it, I was on my knees screaming.

"Babe. No. No!!!!!" I screamed.

"What's----" Lilly ran in, but didn't finish her sentence.  

"She's dead! Fucking dead! How could I not know what was going on Lilly!?! Because I didn't pay enough attention, she's fucking dead! She isn't breathing..." I cried harder and harder with every word, before eventually, I was hugging her cold, lifeless body.  She seemed to of redyed her hair. She looked beautiful aside from the bullet hole and pale eyes.

Pale.

Her eyes were always bright, emerald green. The most beautiful pair of eyes I've ever seen.

Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck! I cried harder and harder. 

I cried, and cried. Just laying there, hugging her. How could this happen?

"Heather." Lilly stated. I looked at her, still hugging Skylar, and she handed me a note and piece of paper. I opened the note.

"Heather; You are the love of my life. I would of never even got this far without you. You're my world, my Sunshine, my heart, my light, my everything. I know this hurt you, and I promised I would never do this, but I had to. Just remember I love you, and you know what you need to do." I cried even harder. Why did she have to? What was going on that she couldn't tell me about?

The piece of paper said not to show Haze until she's ready.

"What does this mean?" I said between sobs. Lilly held up another piece of paper, with Hazelyne's name. I couldn't read it. She wouldn't want that. She wanted me to show Haze when she was older. Her wish is my command.

"Heather, there are more for, well, everyone." I didn't respond. I just cried and still held on to Skylar. Lilly eventually walked out of the room, probably to check on Haze. I didn't move. I didn't intend on moviong for awhile. I just needed her. Without her, I was nothing. 

I am nothing.

-----

Lilly called the officials and reported Skylar's suicide. It took two paramedics, four cops and some of Sky's old friends to get me off of her. I didn't want to let go. I couldn't accept the fact that she's gone. There was no way in hell I could accept it.

After they got me off, Blaze, the cute one with orange hair that was practically a little girl, gave me a hug and started crying herself.

"I'm so sorry, Heather." She sobbed into my shoulder. I cried on hers too, and then someone else walked in.

Zane. 

There was a note for Zane. I gave everyone else theirs, except Analeise, Axis, and her mother. I pulled away from Blaze, and handed Zane his note.

He read it, and cried. 

"I should of never left her." He said.

"You should of never hurt her." I responded.

With that, I walked out of the room.

I had arrangments to make, no matter how much it killed me.