Chapter Six

(Heather's POV)

"Open the damn door." Arianna said. Why was she here? She hasn't been here since the day she got 'kicked out' of our "group." I slowly opened my bedroom door to see her standing there, looking pissed.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. She stepped into my room and I shut the door, locking it once again.

"I'm so tired of being part of that shitty outcast group. Although something interesting did happen today." She sat up, ready to tell the story. 

"Go on." I wasn't into gossip, but I had nothing better to do than listen. Not like I was going to spread it around to anything.

"Okay, well we skipped school today, go figure, and went to the old bridge. Skylar was sitting up there, smoking her weed when Jesse went and showed her something. She got up and ran. We all followed her. She was at that old willow tree no one ever goes to. She was on the ground crying. Analeise asked her what was wrong and all hell broke lose. Turns out Analeise was cheating on Skylar and Skylar beat the shit out of her. Haven had to carry her away so she didn't kill her." She smiled widely while she was telling this story. My jaw just dropped. 

Who the hell would cheat on Skylar?

"Who wouldn't?" Arianna laughed. Shit, said that out loud.  I giggled.

"How's it going with you and Zane?" I asked. 

"I'm going to break up with him. I hate being around all of them. Plus, Zane won't do anything with me. Says I'm pushing too hard and we should wait."

"Well you've only been together for about two months." I added. She shot me a death glare

"So?" she asked. i just shrugged, unable to respond.

"So why exactly are you here?"  I asked once again. 

"Oh, Ryan wanted me to come over. Guess he wanted to 'talk.'" She winked at the end of her statement. Oh Gremlins. My dick-head brother and Arianna? Well, she is a bit of a slut.

"Oh. Well, I'm not here, okay?" She nodded and walked out of my room. I had to lock it once again. I went and sat on my bed and started drawing. I didn't know what it was. It was like my hand had a mind of it's own. 

---------

Ten minutes after I started my unknown masterpiece, I heard moaning. Seriously? She knows I'm here. Can she not be a bit quieter? I rolled my eyes and looked down at the drawing. It was mine and Skylar's names in a heart with a skull and rose behind it. It looked pretty cool if I do say so myself. Then I remembered. Skylar and Zane are like, best friends. My brother is having sex with Zane's girlfriend. I had to do the right thing, no matter how much it scars me.  I grabbed my phone and made sure it was on silent. I slowly walked out of my room.

I walked down the hallway toward my brother's room. About halfway there, I started crawling, just to assure he wouldn't see me. I got my phone out, went to the camera, and clicked record. I recorded it for at least thirty seconds, just to show I had enough proof that it was actually happening. I tried to stand up and make my way to my room without being noticed.

I failed. 

"What the fuck?" I heard my brother say. I quickly scrambled to my feet and ran to my room, slamming and locking the door. As expected, he started banging on it seconds later.

"Open this fucking door Heather!"

"I just got some food! Go away!"

"Bullshit!"

"I'm serious!" 

"Fuck you! Just wait until I get ahold of you!" and with that, I believe he left.  I got on Facebook, and searched Skylar. 

Skyalr Belthor

That was her. I went to her page and nothing was private. Even her phone number was on there. So, I texted her and sent her the video.

Me: Hey, it's Heather. The girl that ran into you this morning. i know you and Zane are close, and I figured I should let you know this is what Arianna has been up to."  I sent it.  Seconds later, I got a reply. My heart skipped a beat again, I couldn't breath, and of course, I got butterflies.

Skylar: Thank you for telling me. I appreciate it. I smiled at my phone, and walked out of my room to get some food, and Ryan was less than two feet away from me.

"Oh, so you came out of your room! I thought I was going to be here for a couple more hours." He said. I was terrified. I turned around to sprint, but he grabbed me by my hair.

"Ryan! Stop!" I screamed. He slapped me and slammed me into the wall. Hard. I cringed in pain as his grip on my hair tightenedd. He put one hand around my throat, but his grip there wasn't tight enough to cut off my breathing. 

"What were you doing by my room?" He growled.

"I was getting something to eat." i managed to say through sobs. His grip on my throat tightened, and I cried a little more.

"Really Heather?" 

"Yes." His grip tightened even more, and I tried to scream. He let me go, and I fell to the ground. He kicked me in my ribs.

"Don't fucking lie to me." With that, he walked off. I lied on the floor in my den crying. Why couldn't I have a loving older brother? What did I ever do to him to make him hate me so much? I really didn't understand. I loved him, but I hated the things he did to me.

-------

Lilly came to my rescue after about five minutes after the whole ordeal with Ryan. She calmed me down and gave me some ice for my ribs. 

"I'm sorry he did this, darling. I should have been there." 

"It's okay." I whispered. I couldn't really talk without it hurting. She gave me a sympathetic smile and called my dad.

"He did it again sir." She said

"It was a little worse than last time, sir. He could have killed her."

"No, nothing is broken, but he was choking her against a wall."

"No."

"Yes."

"Alright. I'll let her know." She hung up. 

"What did he say?" I asked.

"He asked how bad it was, asked if anything was broken, if you were alright, and if I was taking care of you. Then he said he's going to call Ryan and make sure he packs his shit and gets out." I've never heard that girl swear before. I stood up and gave her a hug, no matter how much it hurt.

"Thank you Lilly."

"For what?" She asked as she hugged me back.

"For being there through everything, and being like the sister I never had." 

"No problem."

"Can I talk to you about something?" I asked her.

"Of course."

"Well you see, there's this girl...."