Chapter Twenty-Two

(Heather's POV)

I crawled into bed next to Skylar and thought about I was going to come out to my family tomorrow. I know they are in town. They're only here for a few more days, then I get my trust fund since they'll be gone until I'm twenty-two and Ryan refuses to leave. I don't know how it's possible, but they transfered all of his money into my bank account considerdeing he's a douche and doesn't deserve it. If he's just going to live off our parents, then he doesn't get it. 

There I go, rambeling again and trying to avoid the subject. I need to figure out how I'm going to tell them. I kept Lilly up to date with me and Sky, and she hasn't told a soul. My parent's know that she's pregnant and I am helping her support the baby. They are all for it. They're very caring people, but my dad got hit on and had a bad experience with a gay man so, since then he really hasn't been for that kind of thing. I'm afraid of what he would say or do. He isn't really violent, but sometimes certain things trigger his anger and he gets to that point. He's only hit me once and that's when I was just starting high school. I was failing physical science and he was drinking when I told him. Of course, I was unaware he was drinking, and he slapped me. He felt bad about it after it, but I will never forget that.

My mother though, she's all for it. I remember one thing she told me when the whole equality war started.

"Heather, I don't know what your sexual orientation is. I understand if you wouldn't want to tell me or your father due to what happened. Just remember, I love you and no matter how you are, you will always be my little princess." Thinking about those words made me feel better. So, it could either go very well, or end very badly. I knwo for a fact it's going to be like a family meeting thing, so all the 'maids' are going to be there, and Ryan is going to be there. I know Lilly and the other's will support me, I'm unsure of dad's feelings, mom will be accepting, and Ryan, well, he's going to give me a lot of shit.

Fuck, I'm doing it again. I need to figure out how I'm going to do it. Not how it's going to turn out. I need to worry about that after I figure out how I'm going to tell them. I know for a fact I am bringing Sky with me. She needs to be there, and needs to be introduced as my girlfriend and not just my best friend. 

Alright. Got one part down. I sighed and got out of bed to grab a pen and paper. Sitting back down, I made a list kind of thing on how to do it and what to say.

How to come out to my family:

1. Bring Skylar, and announce that I need to admit something.

2. Simply say "I'm coming out." Wait for reactions

3. Introduce Skylar as my girlfriend

4. Wait for reactions

5. Explain everything.

Seemed simple enough. I looked at the clock, and it was two in the morning. I groaned, put the notebook down, and fell asleep next to Skylar, wraping her in my arms as much as I possibly could, since her baby bump was getting big, despite the fact she was only at about ninteen weeks. She was so tiny though, so it doesn't surprise me.  As I drifted into sleep, I heard her whisper something.

"It'll be okay. I love you." It was Sky. She knew what I was doing.

"I love you too, Baby." With that, I passed out.

------The Next Day------

"Baby, wake up. It's time to go." I opened my eyes to find Sky standing in front me me, trying to get dressed. He bump was fully visibal now, and I instantly got up and my my hands on her belly. I haven't seen her without a shirt since before she started showing, and it's the cutest thing ever. I kissed her belly a few times and stood up.