Chapter Ten

(Heather's POV)

As soon as Lilly and I got home, I tried on my new outfit. I looked good in it. The blonde hair threw it off a bit, but I'm sure she would like it. It didn't really feel right, wearing stuff like this. I shrugged it off and figured it would be worth it. Anything is worth it for her. 

I take off my outfit and hang it up. Of course, I got on Facebook again, because I have no life. Still, nothing caught my interest. I sighed and logged off, and looked at my phone. Three texts? Alright. The first two were from Arianna. The second one was from Skylar. Wait. Hold up, shut the front door. Skylar texted me first? What? Holy Jesus this was great! I figured I'd save that one for last, and opened the ones from Arianna.

Arianna: Why would you do that, bitch? Thought we were friends!

Arianna: I'm sorry. I should actually thank you. No sarcasm, I seriously thank you for freeing me from those emos. You are a good friend. Thanks Heather. I didn't even bother to respond. She was so bi-polar at times. After I read her texts, I stared at my phone for awhile, just waiting to open Skylar's message. What if she canceled Saturday? What if Arianna told her bad things about me? That could explain her second text being all friendly. There were so many possibilities. 

Finally, after what seemed like an hour, I opened her text.

Skylar: Hey it's Sky. I was wondering if you wanted to stay the weekend with me? My mom won't be here and I have nothing better to do. You seemed nice, and I wanted to get to know you.

Me: Of course!

Skylar: Ballin. Meet me by the gates after school friday.

Me: Ok.

I screamed with delight. I couldn't believe this. Skylar was asking me of all people to spend a weekend at her house. I wasn't going to question it. Then, I remembered something.

I pulled out the piece of paper I recieved at Hot Topic and entered Craig's number.

Me: Hey it's Heather.

Craig: What up buttercup!

Me: Nothin. Skylar just asked me to stay the weekend with her!!!! :D

Craig: You're welcome. (;

Me: You didn't.... And that was the end of that. So, Craig put her up to it. I wonder what he said about me. Hopefully good things. I looked at my phone again to see if he ever responded and I realized it was already midnight. Well damn.

I grabbed my pajamas and crawled into bed, drifting into a deep sleep within minutes.

-------

"Babe!" I yelled to Skylar.

"Yes, darling?"  She asked coming up to me and snaking her arms around my waist.

"I just wanted to give you something." 

"And what would that be?" She looked confused. She was so adorable when she was confused. I handed her a bad. She gave me that confused expression again, probably because the bag was pink. She opened it, and her eye's lit up. Inside the bag was the Asking Alexandria shirt and skinny jeans I had bought that day I went to Hot Topic. 

"Oh my Jesus! Thank you so much baby!" She gave me a kiss. 

"Anything for my baby girl." I went in to kiss her again. Next thing I know, I heard a loud beeping.

I woke up to my alarm clock.

"Dammit!" I half-yelled to myself. It was just a dream. That's certainly not alright. I groaned and turned off my alarm clock. I got out of bed and went to my closet. What to wear today? I looked outside to determine the weather for the day. It was sunny and looked warm, so I decided on a pair of white short-shorts and a pink Hollister shirt. I put on a little bit of black eyeliner and brushed my hair. It looked good straight. I liked it curly, but it looked way better like this. I was satasfied with my look and grabbed my car keys and drove to school.

The drive there was pretty quiet. There weren't many other cars on the road. I pulled up and didn't see Skylar. I forgot it was tomorrow I was supposed to meet her at the gates. I sighed and walked into the building and went about my day.

----

I collapsed on my bed as soon as I got home. It's been a long day. Only bright side is that I've been texting Skylar all day. We talked about a lot too. We got to know each other. Our likes, dislikes, favorites, and much more. I think I was actually building a friendship with her. The only part that sucked about this is that my feelings were growing stronger and stronger.  I didn't want to fall in love even more, if that was possible. I don't want her to feel differently and break my heart.  

As my head filled with these slightly depressing thoughts, I got another text from her.

Skylar: Don't forget, tomorrow before school we're meeting by the gates. I have a surprise for you(:

Me: Alright. Sounds good xP Oh Jesus. She had a surprise for me? I really need to get her off my mind. At least until tomorrow.  I looked at the time and it was already eight. Damn, time goes by fast when you're thinking. 

I put on some splatter paint shorts and a black tank top and put my hair up. I just wanted to sleep, but I wasn't even close to tired. I just crawled into bed and watched TV, texting Skylar and Craig. I told him what I wanted to do and he told me that I shouldn't change my look or personality, just my attitude. Like, stop being such a good girl and doing everything everyone wants me to. That I should just start living more the moment and doing as I please. 

That just might be some advice I would take.