Chapter 11: Ice Cream

“Raven, where were you?” Rachel asked with a worried face.

“Yeah, we were all so worried!” Katt exclaimed, just as worried.

Drew added, “I was scared! Never have we had a friend go missing!”

They all surrounded me, with frantic faces and wild eyes. Confused by their worry, I scrunched up my eyebrows. Then, I slowly smiled at the fact that I was a friend and they loved me like they loved each other. I shook my head in amusement as they kept going on about how worried they were. Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad here if Blaze wasn’t here.

No, stop thinking of that devilish vampire that fed off of you, my voice ordered.

Quickly, I obliged to it and focused on the situation at hand. I looked at my group of friends and saw Aura looking shy but just as worried as them.

“Aw, you guys. I love how worried you guys were but I only went on a walk,” I explained with a goofy smile. It was wiped off when Aura came up to me and smacked me on the side of my head.

“Ow, that hurt! Why did you hit me?” I asked Aura with an incredulous look. The scowl was apparent on her face as she looked at me. Everyone around me looked shocked at what she just did and looked at her for an explanation. What was this world coming to? First I find out Blaze was a vampire and now Aura smacked me against the head? I seriously think whoever controlled earth was really evil.

With a scowl, Aura said, “You scared me! I thought you were hurt, or kidnapped but no. All you did was go on a walk. We were all scared! After an hour and a half, we still couldn’t find you and we did look on the trail of the woods but you weren’t there like we expected. Just because you are new here doesn’t mean we don’t love you like we love each other.”

I sighed and said, “I know, I was off the trail in the woods but I needed some time for myself. I didn’t know it would take that long so I just went in. I’m sorry guys.”

Immediately, they all smiled and pulled me into a group hug. Hugs weren’t my thing so I tried to pull out and kept yelling, “Guys! It was only one hour!”

Finally, after about five minutes of struggling, they let me go and had devilish smiles on their faces. It was weird how they all simultaneously had the same facial expressions. As they crept closer, I backed away slightly, scared at what they would do.

“Guys, what are you doing?” I asked, confused and slightly scared.

Humor sparkled in Drakes eyes as he watched the whole group gang up on me. I turned to him for an explanation but he shrugged and said, “Don’t ask me what they are doing, I don’t know anything about it.”

For a second, it felt like he was lying but I didn’t have time to think about it as Drew came up first and grabbed me. The rest of the group followed and helped him carry me. “You guys, put me down!” I yelled, struggling from their grasp.

I heard snickers below me as they moved with me somewhere. Distracted from trying to get out, I felt a hand slip into my pocket and slip my phone out. Just before I could ask why, my face paled at the sight before me.

Just a few meters away from us, there were a pool. Considering it was fall, it wasn’t an ice skating rink yet but it was still very cold. With a new found purpose, I struggled even harder against their grasp. No way was I going to be thrown into freezing cold water.

“One,” Katt said, starting the countdown.

I yelled, “No! You guys, please don’t.”

“Two,” Vincent continued, taunting me.