CHAPTER 13

AYUMI P.O.V

"Try adding more of a twist An-chan!" I advised as I tapped by golden racket on my shoulder. The brunette panted heavily but nodded as she readied to serve.

As the neon ball went over the net I ran to get it. When my racket met the ball a sharp pain in my wrist made me wince, the pain shot up to my shoulder making it numb.

'Damn, maybe I shouldn't have used my yips all out' I thought slightly regretting my earlier game with the blue haired teen. I took a mental note, 'Remember to do RICE when I get home' ( A/N for any of you who forgot, RICE is REST, ICE, COMPRESSION, and ELEVATION, )

"How was that Ayumi-chan?" An panted as she wiped a trail of sweat running down her forehead.

"Hm, much better An-chan! You'll definitely do great on your next game!" I compliment doing a thumbs up.

An looked happy for a second but quickly sighed, "I hope so, we're going against Hyotei girls tennis team, and they're the winners for last years competition." She sat on the ground her head was hanged in a sign of depression.

I frown and her negative tone, "When's the game An-chan?" I question walking up to her.

She glumly looked up, "In three days,"

"So on Tuesday, after school right? I'll go and cheer for you!" I grin taking a sip out of my water bottle.

An's face brightened a bit, "Yeah, that'll be great! Thanks Ayumi-chan!"

I nod and take off my beanie to redoing it before joining the brunette on the ground. We chatted over tennis, and shared techniques and information.

"An-chan!!!" A voice called making both of our heads snap towards the voice. A familiar red haired teen came running towards us with a smile.

"Hi, Kamio-kun!" An called as she walked over to him.

Kamio-San grinned at An-chan before looking at me, as our eyes met I gave him a quick bow, "Hello Kamio-San," I greet with a smile.

He returned my smile and looked at An. "Tachibana-San's looking for you An-chan, something about helping you improve your your swings."

The brunette gasped and pulled out her phone, "Dang, I made Onii-chan promise to help me after begging for hours and I forget!" I giggle lightly and watched as she threw her things in the tennis bag.

"Sorry Ayumi-chan, I need to go, I'm probably making Onii-chan waiting. I'll see you on Tuesday!" An then grabbed a confused looking red head and dragged him off.

I sighed a bit disappointed that I couldn't properly warm down. Glumly I packed my tennis racket deciding to go home.

Leisurely walking through the neighborhood I enjoyed the silence, though for some reason I was in a pissy mood.

"I'm going off!" A loud voice rang through the silence. A too familiar black haired teen walked out of the house.

An irk mark appeared on my head as I glared at the teen. The teen quickly stopped and looked at me in shock when our eyes met.

"Ayumi-chan..." Momo-senpai nervously laughed his violet eyes wide.

I sweetly smiled at him, the vein in my head throbbing, "Hey senpai, I have few things to talk to you..." I cracked my neck silk keeping a similar smile that Fuji-senpai wears.

I watched as senpai visibly gulped, his adam apple moving up and down, I took a step towards him as he bolted.

"Sorry Ayumi-chan I n-need to go!" He yelled as he jumped onto his bike and biked off in an amazing speed.

I frowned and stood there watching a cloud of dust form.

"Tsk," I kicked a pebble making it bounce off the wall and hit my head.

"GOD DAMMIT!!!" I scream stomping off, I need to cool off, I'm all pissed for no reason.

>>TIME SKIPS>>

"OJI-SAN! GET YOUR PERVERTED BUTT OVER AT THE TENNIS COURT!" I scream stomping through the house. Riko-Obasan's head popped through the kitchen looking at me knowly.

She was too used to this, when I was younger, whenever I needed to let steam out I'll always have a game with Nanjiro-Ojisan. So technically he was my punching bag.

I waited at the hall when Ojisan came walking out of the living room in confusion.

"Wh-," he quickly looked at me before running back into the living room, "Let me get my racket!" He yelled.

>>TIME SKIPS AGAIN>>

"You ok girly?" Nanjiro-Ojisan questioned as he shot the tennis ball, not a drop of sweat on his body.

I on the other hand was dripping, head to toe.

"Your," *pant* "Stupid son!" *pant* "Made me," *grunt* "Not finish my GAME!" I shot as hard as I could, but before I knew it the ball shot pass my head landing in the court.

Nanjiro-Ojisan started picking his ear, his cocky grin on his face, "Game and match to me,"

I grunted before I sat on the floor trying to catch my breath.

"Dammit," I hissed still panting heavily.

Nanjiro-Ojisan adjusted his monk clothes before he walked over to me.

"Looks like you still can't beat me when we're both using our right hands, you need to practice more," he stated as he sat next to me.

"Shuddup," I grunt, "I could beat you when we both use our left hand."

"True, but you could still get better," Ojisan pointed our as he started to pick his nose.

I looked at him disgustedly as he flicked the booger off, "Eww, but your the only one who could beat me in the past three years, Ojisan," I sighed looking at my hands. I felt something in me break but quickly shook my head getting the memories out of my head.

"Well, that might change Ayumi,"

I snapped my head towards him in surprise, "What?"

Nanjiro-Ojisan grinned at me as he pulled a envelope out of his sleeve, "This arrived today, for you and Ryoma,"

I quickly took the white envelope out of his hand and carefully opened it.

"Tenth year anniversary, U-17?" I read in confusion. Before I could read the rest of it Najiro-Ojisan took the paper out of my hand. I glared at him as he scanned through the letter.

"Hm, this might get interesting," he mutter as he gave the letter back to me.

I snatched the paper out of his outstretched hand, giving him a glare, "What?"

"Why don't you just read it," he questioned.

"No need for me to read it if you already did, tell me," I lazily stated folding the letter.

He looked at me before sighing, "Lazier than me," he muttered under his breath.

"What?"

"Nothing," he quickly answered, "You're invited to a tennis camp, Ryoma has been going since his first year of middle school, technically it was only for high schoolers but they let some of the middle school from your generation go." He explained.

"Hm, so what about the tenth anniversary thingy?"

"Like the camp's title, it's only for 17 and under," a new voice piped in making me look up.

Ryoma was looking down as me with a frown, I glared up at him and looked at Nanjiro-Ojisan, "Continue," I commanded ignoring my childhood friend.

"Like seishounen said, it's a camp for students 17 and under, but since it's the tenth anniversary they decided to change it up,"

My eyebrows twitched lightly in annoyance as Nanjiro-Ojisan paused, "It's written that they're letting the former campers attend the camp this year,"

"Which means the guys from court one are coming back," Ryoma pipped in making me look at him.

"I'm mad at you," I state as I looking at him stoicly. Ryoma rose his eyebrows at me before opening his mouth again.

"I need to have a game with Tokugawa again," Ryoma muttered making me snaps my head towards him.

"Tokugawa Kazuya?" I questioned in confusion.

Ryoma looked at me in surprise, "You know him?"

I felt my hands start to sweat and felt my stomach drop and the familiar feeling of excitement start bubble through my veins.

"I'm going!" I exclaim as I jump up.

"How do you know him!" Ryoma demanded looking annoyed.

"None. Of . Your. Bee's. Wax!" I say breaking up each word.

I open up the letter again so I could read it carefully, "The date is...." I felt my eyes widen in surprise.

"In four days?!" I rub my forehead in surprise and annoyance, "why do they give us the letter right now."

"Saitō and Kurobe probably forgot to send out the letter until the last minute," Ojisan stated as he yawned.

"Well, I'm going to go take a nap," he scratched his head walking off into the house.

Ryoma and I stood next to each other in awkward silence. I quickly gave him a glare and started to walk into the house when his large hands grabbed my wrist.

"Wait, Ayumi, why are you mad?"

I sighed and looked up at him, "I'm just a bit annoyed alright? I'm just am,"

"Your mad that I interrupted you game, aren't you?" He stated more than questioned.

"Ryoma, you know how I think, Yukimura-San was a good opponent, I wanted to have a full game with him, but you just needed to stick your nose into my business, didn't you?"

Ryoma looked taken back at my outburst, but quickly composed himself, "Sorry, I was just worried," he muttered as he gripped my wrist.

I sighed and pinched my nose, "Ha, it's fine, next time don't worry to much, I can take care of myself, remember I've been living by myself the past few years," Ryoma snapped his golden eye at me worriedly. I returned his look with my emotional stare.

He suddenly pulled me into an un-Ryoma like hug surprising me.

"Sorry," he muttered into my hair as he wrapped his arms around me. I gave him a small nod and hugged him back. My cheeks pressed into his firm chest.

"So, how do you know Tokugawa?"

"Ryoma!" I snap as I slap him in his chest in annoyance.

"Sorry..."

>>THE NEXT DAY>>

"GODDAMMIT!!! I WAS SO PISSED BECAUSE OF THIS REASON!" I screamed as I went into the bathroom.

One thing I hate about being a girl.

You freaking bleed for a week every single stupid month.

Gotta hate periods...

A/N

So, it took me forever to write this chapter. Two reasons.

Reason #1

I had Finals. Every highschool should know the pain of having text for a whole week. Literally my test were like 40% of my grade. Haters, I swear my teachers hate me. They literally want me to fail their class.

Reason #2

All writers know the pain of having the writers block, and to say honestly I was too lazy to type onto my ipad. Few months ago I dropped my ipad, cracked the freaking screen, I cut my fingers five time in forty minutes. Three words.

I

Hate

Glass

One thing I learned, "Go fix my god damn screen."

Ok I just noticed how negative I'm being, ugh.........

Anyways I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Bet your wondering how Ayumi knows Tokugawa.
I'm actually really excited to write about him! I'm going to reveal the answer in the next few chapters. The next chapters probably young to be about An's game with Hyoutei so pretty much some fillers.

Anyways PEACE OUT SUCKAS!

One more week and schools at for winter break!

XXX

M