CHAPTER 8 edited

RECAP:

Inui-senpai moved his glasses up his nose and closed his notebook.

"Are you ready?" I question.

He gave me a curt nod and I looked at the official.

"Resuming the game, 15-love,"

I bounce the ball and raised it in the air, "Twist serve or reverse twist serve?" I laugh as my racket connected to the ball.

?!%?!% ?!%?!%?!%?!%?!%?!%?!%?!%?!%?!%?!%?!%?!% ?!%?!%?!%?!%?!%?!%?!%?!%?!%?!%?!%

THIRD PERSON P.O.V

'Man, this is fun' the long haired beauty thought as she returned the serve from her senpai. It smashed into the opposite court getting a point.

"Game Gray! 4-2!"

She ran her hand through her dark strands of hair grinning. Her eyes were sparkling with excitement, high off adrenaline of the game.

"Come on, Inui-senpai!" She yelled but quickly shut up as she looked at her opponents state, "You don't look too well!" Ayumi eyes changed into worry as she walked up to the net.

The spiky haired teen panted heavily, drenching with sweat, his legs shaking with exhaustion. The game with the female was too intense, she was beyond his level, every ball she returns increases with power making his arm muscle scream in pain. He moved his glasses up his nose with his trembling hand.

"I'm fine, please continue Ayumi-San," he muttered as he slowly walked and got ready.

Crowds had formed a while ago. Many were whispering to each other. They were awestruck how the Seigaku regular was losing so badly.

Oishi worriedly eyed his fellow teammate. His doubles partner Kikumaru sat next to him not able to sit still.

"Hey Tezuka," Oishi muttered not taking his eyes off the court while Ayumi made another point, "Is Inui going to be ok? Isn't he putting too much strain to his body going against Ayumi-chan?"

Kikumaru, Kawamura, and Momoshiro nodded in agreement as they grasped the wired fence fence.

"If anybody knows their body the most, it'll be Inui, he knows what his body's limit is, if it gets too much he'll forfeit," Tezuka had his usual stoic expression, his eyes hard.

Fuji quietly watched the game, eyes wide open, observing the girl he was going to have a game with. He was mentally taking notes in his mind, listing off her habits, her tennis style, and her weakness. The only problem, he couldn't find one.

He watched every single serve, return, steps, you name them. But he couldn't find a single weakness. But that only spiked up his interest towards his kouhai's childhood friend.

Honestly he was pretty attracted towards her, she was definitely not like the girls at Seigaku. Most of them usually blushed or stuttered when they talked to the Seigaku regulars but Ayumi was confident. She could have a friendly conversation without any effort, no stuttering or blushing, and her looks. She was quiet a sight. In shape, pretty face, and nice character. What any better?

But he knew he wasn't the only one who thought that, few of the members already took notice of this mysterious girl. And his eyes didn't miss the look the freshman ace had every time he looked at her.

Suddenly the clatter of a racket echoed making Fuji snap out of his thought. He whipped his head to the side turning his attention back to the game.

Inui's racket flew out his hand landing outside of the court. The data tennis player was staring at his arm and the racket in amazement.

Ayumi worriedly stared at her opponent, "Sorry, I should have controlled my return."