19

"Hello (y/n) long time no see."

I saw someone I didn't think I'd see ever again in my life. Someone who was supposed to be in jail for a very long time.

Carson.

He was standing in the door way, in his prison outfit still. But there was blood on him. Oh my wall Maria. Dan!

"H-hello Carson. H-how've you been?" I said pulling the babies closer to me.

"Ah... Well you know... Prison isn't very good." He said glaring at me.

"You're looking v-very good." I said trembling ever so slightly.

"Yeah well you look like you've gained a few pounds." He said chuckling and stepping towards me.

"That's what happens w-when you have kids." I said stiffening up.

"What was that? Dont you talk to me in that tone of voice. You should know better." He said pulling my arm.

"P-please. The babies let me g-get them inside so w-we can talk." I said starting to cry. Why wouldn't I be? My fiancé could be dead and I'm about to be beaten senseless.

"Fine." He said after thinking for a few moments. I quickly grabbed the car seats and pulled the babies inside the apartment. Carson was trailing closely behind me, probably to make sure I don't make a run for it.

I walked to the living room and placed the sleeping babies down on the floor by the couch. Once I turned around.

Twack!

I felt a stinging sensation on my cheek. He smacked me...Hard enough to knock my down to the ground.

"You know what happens when you don't watch your tongue." He said towering over me.

"Now. I want dinner made. NOW!" He screamed at me pulling me up off the ground and shoving me towards the kitchen.

"Y-yes sir." I say,now limping to the kitchen. But I quickly jumped at the sight before me.

Dan was there on the ground, his head bleeding and passed out. I quickly checked his breathing. It wasn't weak so that was good. And there wasn't a ton of blood either.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw movement. I snapped my head in the direction and saw another person I didn't want to see.

Phil.

"Shhh.I'm here to help." He said as quietly as possible. As much as I hated to do it, I nodded. I was very grateful at this moment.

"W-what do you want for dinner?" I said, trying to make a distraction for whatever Phil was going to do.

"Food." He boomed back. I nodded to no one and pulled out a huge steak knife. I wasn't about to take this shit.  Not after what he has done to me and to the love of my life.

I watched as Phil mouthed for me to call him in the kitchen. I nodded.

I knew what would get him in here faster than anything. Me being disrespectful to him.

"Carson get your small dicked ass in here. NOW!"  I yelled out. Next thing I knew, I heard heavy foot steps coming towards the kitchen.

"What. The fuck. Did you just say to me you no good fucking fat ass bitch." He said anger written all over his face.

"I said what I said." I smirked as he walked towards me, even though I felt like I just signed a contract with death himself.

"You fucking bit-" next thing I knew he was on the ground and Phil was standing over him, a iron skillet  in his hand.

"Thank you." I said taking deep breaths, realizing I'd been holding my breath for so long.

"You're very wel-" that's when Carson had pulled Phil to the ground and was punching him. Over and over and over again.

My reflexes took over and I grabbed the knife I took out and stabbed Carson in the back with it. He screamed loudly, making the babies wake up. They were now screaming. I was crying. Phil. I didn't even know if he was breathing. Dan was passed out. And I just stabbed my crazy ex boyfriend in the back. That was just the cherry on the got damned cake.

Everything was happening so quickly I didn't notice the cops show up.

"What in the bloody hell happened here?" One of the officers said walking into the kitchen.

"M-m-my ex broke out of jail and attack us. I-i-i did what I had to to protect myself and my friend." I said sinking to the ground and sobbing.

"He does look like the guy that broke out." Another said putting handcuffs on him. Dan had just woken up and I launched myself at him.

Even though he was in a lot of pain he still tried to comfort me. I helped him up and brought him to the living room where the babies were so I could pick them up. I grabbed Grey and held him close, Dan did the same with Rain. So much for coming home today and relaxing.