chapter 3

-(y/n) P.O.V-
I thought he was going to hit me for interrupting them. But he didn't. They gave me strange looks for wanting to use the bathroom. Phil decided to show me where it was. " Hey (y/n)?" Phil had asked me in a whisper. "Yes Phil?" I responded, "Why did you flinch so bad back there? Are you okay?" He sounded worried and looked kinda sad. 'maybe you should tell him' is what I kept thinking over and over again. I took a deep breath and sighed rather loudly. "When D-dan found me I had snuck out of my ex boyfriends house. He used to abuse me...." I couldn't talk anymore. I didn't want to see the look on his face after hearing that.I hate sympathy from people. It makes me feel weak. "(y/n) I'm so sorry!" Was all he had said and hugged me. I was hesitant but ended up hugging back, my lip quivering. Then before I knew it I couldn't stop the tears from falling. "Phil p-please dont tell anyone that. I've never told anyone that before. I dont need sympathy from other people." I said in between sobs.I had noticed i was crying on his shoulder cluching onto him. He looked sad, he himself trying not to cry. What I said was kinda harsh but I was trying to protect myself. The reason why I told him not to tell anyone was because I didn't want Dan to be sympathetic for me. I dont know how I feel about him yet. But I do know my feelings are growing for him. And I'm starting to have some for Phil. I looked at Phil's face wiping my eyes dry trying to get my breathing back to normal. "Okay (y/n) I won't tell anyone. I promise." Is what he said to me. I sighed a sigh of relief. I whisperd "Thank you." Into his ear and went into my new bedroom trying to smile at him.Totally forgetting I had to use the bathroom. I got under the covers to my new bed and fell asleep felling safe for the first time in a long time.