chapter 4

I woke up to find dan hovering over me. He had frightened me so I yelped. Which I'm pretty sure had frightened him as well. " I'm sorry (y/n)," he began to say, " I came in here because you were screaming in your sleep." I looked at him weirdly. " I was?" I asked surprised. "Who's Carson?" He asked me handing me a water bottle. Tears starting to build up once again, I looked away. "A person who isn't important" was my response. But he wasn't buying it. "(Y/n) please tell me. I'm here for you." He grabbed my hand and smiled sadly at me. My heart started racing at his touch. 'Why is my body doing this?' I thought. "He's an ex of mine. Why do you ask?" I said still looking away from him. "You kept screaming His name and you kept saying ' stop it!' ' let go of me!' And when I came in here you were crying. I covered you back up and stayed in here." I saw a tear role down his face as he said that. I pulled him into a tight hug. "Thank you for letting me stay here I feel so safe here." Is what I whispered into his ear. He looked at me and smiled. "(Y/n) I need to tell you something. I know we just met. And-" He stopped himself and took a deep breath. "And I just wanted to say that I'm starting to have strong feelings for you and I dont want things to be weird now that you know this." He was a bright shade of red, he was smiling playing with the strings to his hoodie and looked up at me. I was also blushing. I was shocked that he said that. "Dan. I l-like you too." I said so quickly, buring my face into the pillow. I was blushing so bad I could feel it. He laughed slowly taking the pillow away from me. I looked up at him, and I tried to talk but he silenced me with a kiss. I gladly returned the kiss. Our lips moving in sync, his tongue begging for entrance to my mouth. I let him in and a battle began for dominance, he obviously winning. After a long time, he broke away and we got the chance to catch our breath. " Dan can you sleep in here for the rest of tonight?" I asked smiling. "I thought you'd never ask!" He said lifting me up and laying me on top of him. I feel so safe in his arms. And just like that, I fell asleep with him, feeling safe and happy once again.