Chapter 6: The Truth

⚠️ author's note ⚠️: PLEASE be aware that this chapter contains sensitive topics and mature content. reader discretion is advised. if you find certain subjects uncomfortable or triggering, you may want to skip this chapter or proceed with caution. if you choose to continue, please remember to prioritize your well-being first and reach out for support if needed.

Friday  — 6:32 PM

Applejack's POV

After a long day at school, I decided to make a quick stop at Wendy's, my favorite place to unwind and relax. Spending hours there, lost in a state of tranquility, has become a cherished pastime.

Once I finally arrived home, I headed straight up to my room, bidding goodbye to Granny, my older brother, and my younger sister as they left the house. Left alone in the quiet, I felt a surge of excitement.

I contemplated changing my clothes, wanting to surprise Rarity with something special. Although dresses weren't my usual preference, I rummaged through my family's old belongings and miraculously found a girly girl dress that still fit perfectly. It was a knee-length black dress with a tasteful V-neck design, exuding a touch of elegance. A sly smirk graced my lips as I acknowledged this unexpected outcome.

As I slipped into the dress, I let my hair cascade freely down my shoulders, accentuating the overall look. Adding a black headband adorned with delicate diamonds, I felt a surge of confidence. To complete the ensemble, I opted for a pair of sleek black boots, a nod to my cowgirl roots.

Considering the idea of applying makeup, I hesitated. Personally, I never cared for it and preferred a more natural appearance. With a firm decision, I set aside the notion, content with my own bare face.

Feeling a sense of readiness and excitement, I eagerly texted Rarity, letting her know that I was prepared for our special night. Anticipation coursed through me as I eagerly awaited our time together.

Rares
________________________________________________________________________________

Hiya there!

R: Hey, Applejack!

So... are you gonna come over here.. or do I come to yours?

R: Hmm... Would ur home be acceptable?

Yeah, my family are all out. You can come over here if u prefer.

R: Okay, I'm coming. I will be there in five, wait for me AJ. 😊

Okay, please be safe but hurry up. I want some of you. ;)

R: Conversation ending right now, Jackie! 😳

🤣 Don't be late though!

R: Haha, I won't be, promise! Now bye!! Maybe fashionably late though! Jk!

Lol, alright! Can't wait! See you soon!! D:

R: Same goes to you, darling! Mwahh! 💋
Read // 6:53 PM

Rarity's really coming over here!

 I placed my phone on the nightstand and prepared to rise from my seat, a faint ringing sound caught my attention, causing me to pause. Intrigued, I retraced my steps and returned to my phone to investigate the source of the sound.