Chapter 08

"You okay?" Warren asks as he hands the bottle of cold beer to Scott who smiles towards Warren before gulping on the bottle.

"Do I look like I am?" he asks pointing at his nose.

"She seems to have a mean hook"

"Perks of being a gangster I guess"

"Gangster" Warren asks as he turns towards the house behind them before looking back at Scott.

"Yeah, Star's little sister was in a gang. One a druggist, one a gangster and one a thief, quiet a family I tell you" he inhales before exhaling slowly.

"But you love her"

"Yeah love makes one do stupid things at times then again if it was not Star I don't think I would have ever played with the idea of marrying someone...

I need her just as much as she needs me" the ghost of a smile appears on Scott's lips as if smiling at something funny he remembered.

"Don't you feel guilty for leaving her all alone?" Warren's questions and for a second he thinks Scott will not answer but he does after a gulp.

"No. If she is happy staying out here then who am I to stop from giving her that"

"So her happiness means that much to you?"

"She is my wife my first duty is to keep her happy"

"And if that means letting her go, then?" Warren does not know why he asked that but the question was out of his mouth before he could think on it.

Scott stares at Warren for quiet a long time before his gaze turns towards his house, he takes a deep breathe before he puts the bottle of beer down.

Even if he saw the punch coming Warren takes the blow before Scott curses holding his hand.

"Fuck you slept with her" Scott shouts as he holds his injured hand.

"We..."

"No, just don't talk, fuck...fuck" Scott keeps cursing before he kicks the bottle of beer away and walks towards his house.

*******

The expression on Scott's face makes Star groan internally as he makes his way straight towards her before nodding towards upstairs where they can get some privacy.

So silently, she follows him and when they are far away from earshot Scott snaps at her.

"You could not keep your legs shut could you? I should have known something was on going when you told me about him...

I cannot believe you did that to me Star, how could you? I was not gone for a whole day and you went back to your slutting days?" he asks as he runs his hands through his hair in frustration.

"I did not plan on..."

"Just don't" Scott raises his hand to stop her from talking any longer.

"It was just a one time thing"

"Fuck it Star, I said don't. I don't want to even hear a word from your mouth right now"

"If it's any consolation, it was just okay sex"

"Star, I really am so close to punching something once again so just shut up okay. I just cannot believe that after everything, we went through and everything I did for us you would go behind my back and do this...

I just cannot believe you opened your legs for the first man that came in to your view. Now I just have no hope for you, you really will never change, guess once a slut always one" he sighs shaking his head in frustration.