Chapter 04

A growl escapes Warren's mouth in anger before he throws the table out of the window in anger, as he cannot believe what he exactly did just a few moments ago.

His anger was not just towards himself but also towards the woman, who made him do what he did, all these years for the last twenty years of his life he had never let anyone taint him.

Now he was tainted, his memories of his mate were tainted and he betrayed his mate's memories in the worst way possible by touching another woman's lips.

He should not have followed her, it was just a few cigars and he could have afforded millions of them, which was not worth the amount of betrayal he was feeling, it was not worth for what he did.

"I am so sorry love, I let some other woman touch what has always been yours," Warren whispers in to the air as he stands in defeat remembering his mate, one who left him too early and too soon.

*******

Star locks all of her doors and windows of the house, too scared and too shaken from what just happened, she should not have walked towards Warren's house, she should not have been so stupid to be, seduced by the hunger she had so long buried.

However, the shake of her hands makes her realize she was not seduced just by that cigar alone but the man to, whom that, cigar belonged.

"I am married, I am a married woman" she keeps chanting those words to shake away the tingling of her lips that seems swollen and still tasted like him.

She bangs her head on the door of her room at her stupidity; she should not have stolen those damn cigars.

"Your stupidity is what always brings you down to hell, Star, when will you learn" she sighs stepping away from the door before landing on her bed and staring at her white ceiling.

Flashes of her past runs through her head making her shudder, she should not have tasted the glimpse of her past, she should not have let her hand take that poison and moreover she should not let her control slip.

Something vibrates from somewhere on her bed so she moves her hands to that object, picking up the phone she listens to the caller.

"Star, where the hell have you been? I have been trying to reach you for so long" her husband's voice makes her wince.

"Sorry, my mobile was on silent"

"What's so new, anyway I will be home tonight and you can call that neighbor of yours for dinner if you want"

"Ah, it's okay"

"You have been nagging me about it for so long and now you are saying it's okay?" he asks in amusement.

"He does not believe in socializing," she grumbles not wanting to face Warren ever.

"More reason for him to join us, as it seems my wife and her new neighbors have something in common," his teasing brings a groan out of her mouth as she rolls on her stomach and hits the pillow in irritation.

"Okay babe, see you tonight love you" he speaks through the phone with a chuckle.

"Not as much as I do" she grumbles before she cuts the line and turns her head towards the window.

"I will bite on his tongue hard if he tries to kiss me again," she vows before getting up and preparing the so-called dinner.

*******

Warren stares at the couple standing in his doorway with a scowl in his face; his hand itches to slam the door on their smiling faces as if knowing his intention the man sets his foot on the door.

"Hey I am Satellite" he smiles as he puts his hand out to shake Warren's but Warren just keeps staring at the man not finding the joke funny.

"Scott" Star hisses as she elbows his rib making him groan.

"Forget his pathetic joke, he likes to introduce himself as Star's Satellite wherever we go, his name is Scott the Scotland"

"As if your joke is any better than mine" Scott scoffs before holding his wife's elbow, which was ready to attack him.

"What the fuck do you want?" Warren asks with a growl, as that is all he has been doing all day long.

"Language, buddy, even if my wife is no where near being titled a Lady she deserves a bit of respect only I can talk dirty to her" Scott winks which rages Warren even more and Star shouts at him.

"Shut up Scott before I throw all of this in your face, then you will not just talk dirty but actually look dirty" she threatens him waving the boxes filled with their dinner.

"Both of you off of my property" Warren shouts stopping the couple's banters and Star slowly hands the boxes to her husband as she steps closer to Warren.

"You, listen carefully I am having had enough of you growling and hearing you saying to step off your property...

What you will do is welcome us happily and we three are going inside and sharing this meal together...

I spent three hours to make you two should be thankful I did not sue you for the burns on my hands" she shouts in Warren's face as she gets closer, so close that he can feel her breathe touch his skin.

"Okay, my wife has spoken as we better do as she asks, come on babe, the food is getting cold" Scott announces as he pushes his away inside of the house all the while Warren stands by the door stiff.

*******

"So Warren tell me about yourself" Scott tries to start a conversation as they sit on the carpet seeing as the table at Warren's house was missing while Star fills their plates.

Warren just glares at the man in answer and taking that as his cue Scott once again starts to speak.

"Does this not look like a mini picnic" he speaks pointing out the fact that they were having dinner sitting on the floor.

"Let's just eat and go back home Scott, this growling man is not very welcoming" Star points out as she passes him the plate.

"Well when you said how you two met I just thought you were exaggerating but seems like he is not much of a happy camper"

"Told you he is worse than me when it comes to human contact"

"The chicken is good, babe here" Scott grins as he puts the spoon near Star's mouth and she happily eats it.

"Yum, yum"

"So, you want to join me at this dinner party" he asks hopefully.

"The answer is no" Star glares at him for even suggesting it to her.

"Oh come on, I promise you will not die with boredom, I will even pretend I did not see it when you knee anyone?" he grins making her sigh before she throws a spoonful of curry on him which slides from his cheek and drips on his shirt.

"Oops" she smiles making him narrow his eyes before he jumps on her.

Star shrieks trying to get away from Scott who tries to rub his face on hers to wipe the curry off.

"Scott" she screams as it gets smudges on her face making her curse him.

"Now, where was I?" he grins pulling his plate and resuming to eat.

"You are so dead," Star threatens as she goes to hit him but Warren shots his hand to stop her.

"The dinner was lovely now take your playful fights out of my door" Warren warns her as a storm rises in his eyes.