Chapter 54 Life Sucks

"Mommy mommy lets go say bye bye to daddy," Kailyn says waking me up.

"Okay lets go, give me 3 minutes,"

"Now!," she yells.

"Alright alright," I roll over and get up. I take a shower and get dressed. I threw on my ripped skinny jeans, my uggs, and my gray loose sweater. I put my hair up in a ponytail and grab my keys and wait for Kailyn. "Kailyn lets go!,"

"I have to get something," she yells. I shake my head and walk in the kitchen and make a bagel. She walks downstairs and waits at the door. "Im ready!," she yells.

**

We pull up, seeing suitcases and a big tour bus out front. I see Devin trying to push August's suitcase towards the bus.

"Mom!," Devin runs towards me and hugs me. I pick him up and smile.

"Hey Devin,"

"I missed you so much mommy, " Devin admits. 

"I missed you too," I set him down and he hugs Kailyn.

"Hey," August says walking to me and wrapping his arms around me.

"Hi,"

"Come on Devin," Kailyn say, they walk to the house.

"Whats wrong?,"

"Nothing," I turn around and wrap my arms around his neck. "I've just been thinking about somethings,"

"Like?," he looks down at me giving me that look, that's makes me change my mind on telling him everything.

"Uhmm," See. "I don't want to tell you this now," He nods. "But uhm while you are going away I need sometime to think,"

"So what your saying is, your not sure that you want this?," he asks me.

"Yes,"

"But you just came by the other day saying that you are thinking about-, nevermind. Just do you,"

"August don't be mad," he lets me go. "August no look at me," I grab his hands. "Its nothing personal, I just don't know if this is what I want," he doesn't look at me. "August can you answer me,"

"Mhm?," he says still not looking at me.

"August," I say his name again. He ignores me. "August grow up forreal forreal come on," He doesn't answer. I shake my head. "I see you haven't changed," I let go of him as well and walk to the kids.

***

"I think that's it Daddy," Kailyn says, dusting her hands off.

"Mhmm you think?," he asks her.

"Come on Daddy I am always right," she says, he laughs and picks her up. Devin and I sit on the porch step and eat our ice cream.

"Whats wrong?," I ask Devin nudging him.

"I don't want Daddy to go," he says looking at his ice cream.

"Don't be sad, Daddy will be back. Plus Mommy is here,"

"Yeah your right," he smiles. I smile as well and lick his ice cream. Kailyn runs to me and August walks over as well. He walks right past us and walk inside the house and slams the door.

"Whats wrong with daddy?," Kailyn asks me.

"I don't know, let me go see," I hand her my ice cream. "Stay right here," they nod. I get up and walk inside the house. I nothing but the bathroom light down the hall. "August?,"

"What?," he asks running the water.

"Are you okay?,"

"I just need some time to think," he mocks me.

"Wow okay listen to me please," I stand infront of him. "I will always love you. That will never change. I just don't know who I am right now,"

"I love you too but I just feel like we could try again. And everything will be fine,"

"August look at me please," seeing his tears makes me want to cry. "We have to take baby steps okay, I mean our divorce must be a lesson. A sign that we were rushing into things," he nods. "August we will always be together, well you know what I mean,"

"Yeah I get you," he smiles. "I love you and thanks,"

"Love you too," I smile. He looks up at me and gives me his face. Like I want a kiss. "No August," I laugh and push him away from me.

"Aw just come on," I walk out and he follows. I run into the living room, and I turn around and he spins me around. I laugh and hold onto his arms. He sets me down and smiles.

"Your so crazy August,"

"Just your type," I giggle as he kisses me. I smile and kisses him back.

***

"Bye Daddy!," Kailyn and Devin says as the bus drives off. He waves out of the window, we all wave.

"What do you want to do now?," I ask them.

"I tired," Devin says.

"Me too,"

"Okay," I pick them up. "You guys are getting to big for this," I put them in the car and drive home.

Kahlil: hey :)

-oh what happened to cut off Melanie, idagf kahlil?

Kahlil: lmao I heard a rumor about somebody and I was pissed.

-oh is that right? and u take it out on me? plus its not funny

Kahlil: im sorry baby. <3

I lock my phone and continue to drive home. I sit there in traffic. I roll down the window and wait.

"RING RING RING!," Private number.

"Hello?,"

"Melanie?," a hear a girl name.

"Who is this?,"

"It doesn't matter right now, uhm your-your- August has gotten into a car accident," My hear stops, falls to the ground, beats out of my chest. "He-he," she gets scared.

"okay where at?," she tells me the directions and I try to get out of traffic and drive to the hospital. I call Harmony and my mom and tell them what happened.

*****

"Miss Melanie," I look up and The kids are still asleep.

"Yes," I stand up, Harmony comforts the kids.

"August Alsina is -,"

sorry I had to ;) I promise I WILL DOUBLE UPDATE TODAY SINCE THIS CHAPTER WAS SHORT!

more reads

more votes

more comments

MORE SUGA!