Chapter 20 Mistakes and Forgiveness

"Sst!," I wake up hearing something sizzling. I wake up and stretch, I look around. Not my house or Cameron's but August's house. I get my clothes and my phone.

Cameron: where r u?

Cameron: call me asap

 Cameron: where did you go

 "Fuck," I say as August walks in. I put my head in my hands and shake my head.

"Hey," August says leaning in to give me a kiss. I turn my head biting the insides of my lip. "Whats wrong babe?," he asks sitting next to me.

"This was a mistake," I admit.

"What do you mean? That's sure as hell not what you were saying last night," he says.

"August I was high and little bit drunk, I couldn't control my actions. I came here by mistake," I say putting on my clothes.

"But-,"

"August if it makes you feel better I will talk to you about everything,"

"Whatever, I know you will be back," I shake my head and walk out. I cant believe it, I am just acting up. I pull out my phone and reply back to Cameron.

-im sorry I went to go visit a friend

Cameron: ii8 i'll be over in about 30 min

I rush home to get dressed take multiple showers and freshen up. I put on my 90s hip hop shirt, let my hair curled, and my shorts.

- oh I have somewhere to be, but you can come through after

Cameron: k

I grab my brown purse and head to starbucks to meet August.

**

I walk over to the table where he is at and sit down.

"Hey,"

"Hey,"

"Im sorry about last night, " he says.

"Not your fault," I said.

"I just want to tell you how sorry I am that I hurt you in so many ways" My eyes widen. "We don't have to get back together or become best friends again, I just want you to forgive me. I don't know about you but I don't want to lose what we had,"

"I don't want to lose this either but I am just tired of forgiving you, then you hurt me again," I say.

"I know, I am sorry,"

"You saying that but you don't even mean it, because if you did then you wouldn't be doing all this shit that you are doing," I say.

"Those other times weren't true, but when I saw you actually moving on. I wasn't ready, I told myself I need to step up and be a man," he says, I look at the teenage girl with a pen and paper.

"Hey August Alsina please sign this. I love you so much," he takes it and adds his signature. "Thank you so much," he nods and turns back to me.

"But have you really took that step or are you just saying that?," I get a text message, I leave it there and wait for a response. 

"I really took that step," I don't respond. "Melanie can we just go back to being friends," he grabs my hand.

"Im still not over the fact that you hurt me and your didn't all of that shit,"

"Obviously your over it because your fucking somebody you don't even love," he says. I draw back from his hands.

"Excuse me, aint nobody fuckign anybody. Get that through your sorry ass mind," I say.