Chapter 38 Downwards

1 week later

"Nite loves," I say kissing the kids goodnight.

"Nite nite mommy can you tell daddy nite nite," Only if I knew where he was.

"Okay," I say smiling and closing the door. I walk downstairs and August walks through the door. "Oh my gosh," I run into his arms. "Where were you?," I ask him.

"Damn I've only been gone for an hour, " I draw back and look at him.

"If you consider 1 week and 2 days an hour you need help," I  say. "Where were you?,"

"Out," His eyes are blood shot red.

"Out where? You have the kids asking me where you are. And a mother is supposed to have all the answers right, but I don't even know where the hell their dad is!," I raise my voice.

"Calm down Im here aren't I?," he asks me sitting down. "Now come here," I look at him in disgust.

"Nah tell me where you were?,"

"Damn chill I just went out," he says laying back.

"August I'm not joking, " I say serious. 

"Alright here I got you this," he hands me a pair of keys.

"August these are mine," he laughs and rub his face.  "Really come on. Just be honest,"

"I was working can we move on from this," I roll my eyes and walk upstairs. I start packing my stuff and the kids things. 

"Nah where you going?," he asks me scaring me.

"out," I say like he said like he said to me.

"Haha very funny now stop playing," he grabs my bag and emptied it.

"What the fuck get out! Go back to where you came from!," I yell at him.

"Stop yelling and stop playing,"  he tells me.

"you stop being a bitch!," I yell at him and shoving me.

"Don't go there with me Mel," he says grabbing my arms.

"Stop! I'm so over you bullshit  right now!," I yell at him getting out of his grip.

"What bullshit!," I chuck a pillow at him. 

"You know what the fuck Im talking about!," I say getting mad.

"Melanie foreal foreal shit the hell out," he say stepping closer to me.

"Nah get away ass!,"

"Melanie chill," he says looking at me crazy.

"Chill? How am I supposed to calm down when I don't even know where my husband was at!,"

"Never that serious," he mumbles.

"Always got something smart to say!," he closes the door so the kids won't hear. Probably already heard everything.

"You are blowing things out of proportion" he says calming me down.

"How would you like it if I was away for a week without telling you?,"

"I mean I told you not to wait up," I laugh to myself and walk away from him. I grab my keys, let me just leave for a week.

"Don't wait up," I say to him. I get into the car and try to put my thoughts together.

***

"Hello?," Lamar says through the phone.

"Can I come over?," I ask him.

"Yeah, you good?,"

"Yeah,"

***

"Wow," Lamar says. I nod and eat the popcorn. "You sister talked to me today," he says.

"What the- what did she say?,"

"She said that I need to leave yall relationship alone and get me a life," I try not to laugh. "She also said that you and I will never work and stop being a homewrecker," I have no words.

"Cant believe she did that,"

"I know right," he says. "Do you feel that way?,"

"Why would I feel that way when I always come to you?," I ask him, he shrugs his shoulders.

August: come home.

"I don't know maybe because yall always arguing over me. Not like that, I sometimes do feel like a home wrecker," he says.

"Not because August doesn't want me talking to guys, its like he wants me to be a lesbian," he laughs. "But your good," he smiles and throws popcorn at me to lighten the mood.

**later that night**

I cant stay away from my bed and the kids for a whole week. Even more August. I walk into the house repairing for arguments. The usual. None of that. The lights off, but one in the bedroom. I take off my shoes and walk upstairs. August is sitting up watching TV, he looks at me then back at the screen. I get my pajamas and take another shower. Once I finish I walk back into the room and get under the covers. I scroll through my phone and we give each other the silent treatment.

"Mommy Daddy?," Kailyn walks in with Devin.

"We had a bad dream," we open our arms to them and Devin walks into mine.

"Its okay," we both say, I roll my eyes and lay down. I wrap my arms around Devin and Kailyn behind me. I kiss their foreheads and fall asleep.

***

"Mommy Daddy! MOMMY DADDY!," Devin yells jumping on the bed. I open my eyes and they are smiling. "We have a surpwise," I smile and look at August and turn back to the kids. "COME ON!," We walk downstairs and there is eggs, pancake mix, and raw bacon on the table and ground. "BWEAKFAST!," They yell. I smile."You and daddy fight a lot," Kailyn says. I look back at August and he is smiling at me. "Tada!,"

"Thank you lovelies," I kiss them on their cheeks and hug them. I begin to clean up their mess and start actually making breakfast.

"Their right we do argue to much," August says. I look up at him.

"We do, we need to work on that. I just get mad when you lie to me,"

"I know Im sorry," he says wrapping his arms around me. "Lets really try to work on this," he says kissing my cheek.

"But we both have to try," I say turning off the fire and turning around.

"I will, I got you," he says kissing on me.

"Yay!, "they kids yells clapping and jumping. We look at them and run and attack them. "AH!," I laugh as we play around and have a great time.

k today was really short. I had so much stuff to do. I just really wanted to update for yall :)

more reads

more votes

more comments

MORE SUGA!