Chapter 17: The Hyuga Clan

Another day of training passed by and Hinata's body is getting more sore despite of training over the past years. Remembering how she trained at the hyuga manor, she can't help but feel so guilty whenever she thought about her father. While wiping the sweat on her forehead, she halted and looked at the ground with such lifeless eyes.
"Father.." upon finishing the first word that came out of her mouth, she saw a shadow of what seems like a man beside of her own. She looked up and saw Jugo smiling. Her eyes lit up as she saw her friend. He sat beside her.

"How was your mission?" Hinata asked as she wiped the remaining sweat in her arms.

"Fine, I guess." He said sighing. Hinata looked concern hearing the tone of his answer. She just snapped the thought as she heard Jugo's question.

"Are you worried about your father?" Hinata's eyes widen but gradually closed half lid. As if sensing the discomfort jugo waved his hands in front.

"Uh-uh im sorry. I just heard you call him.." having a slight pause jugo continued.

" besides anyone would feel the same if they were to replace you." He said as he compose his self in no time.
Hinata just nodded in response and bowed her head.

"There's just one thing I was curious about. Now that you're part of us, are you still the hyuga heiress?" Hinata didn't respond for a few seconds. Jugo noticed her melancholic look.

"I-.." hinata doesn't know how to respond for she too does not know what the answer is.  Jugo waited for her answer as he saw her opening her mouth, prompting to speak.

"The truth is, I don't really know. Now that I'm gone, I'm sure the family branch will take action and force my father to choose another heiress." She said breaking the silence in the atmosphere.

"Hinata" hinata looked at Jugo and saw the seriousness written all over his face. That made hinata stared at him well enough to observe every part of his face. She waited for him to continue.

"Im sorry." As he finished those two words, hinata can't help but feel so uncomfortable as she heard her friend's guilty voice.

"W-what are you sorry for, jugo?" She said as her voice was full of concern.

"We did this to you. Believe it if I only have the authority to let you go, then I would." She met his eyes as he turned her head and looked at her. Hinata closed her eyes, reassured.

"There's nothing to feel sorry about. If this is my destiny, so be it." She said as she opened her eyes and smiled brightly. That made Jugo relaxed. The two talked all day and later on, suigetsu joined them and the three enjoyed each company.

_________________________________________

At konohagakure ...

"Have you found the scroll?" Gaara said as he talked to the hokage sitting at the opposite side of the table. Tsunade closed her eyes and slowly wriggled her head slightly. Gaara sighed as she saw her response.

"It seems like it was missing years ago. If i'm not mistaken, kabuto stole it from suna." The hokage widen her eyes upon hearing the name responsible.

"Kabuto?.. if he was the one who stole it there's a big possibility that it is somehow in the hands of Orochimaru." She said as she looked at the kazekage. By that thought, Gaara knew what she means and nodded.

"Orochimaru is once an akatsuki member which means it is now in the hands of the akatsuki." Tsunade nodded and rolled down of what seems like a parchment from a certain scroll. It is the parchment which the kazekage had carried on his way.