chapter 10: the vow

"What are you saying sasuke she was never yours!" Naruto shouted confused.

"Well, now she is." The uchiha said coldly.

As sakura heard those words, it became daggers to her ears, continuously stabbing her. She was still frozen in her place while neji got furious by the uchiha's words.

"Is that true hinata?" Neji asked the girl in sasuke's arms.

She just closed her eyes turn her head away from her cousin. Understanding his cousin's answer neji looked at sasuke furiously.

"Sasuke!" Neji shouted as he charged at sasuke. the uchiha easily dodged his attack and quickly ran away from them while still carrying hinata.

"They're getting away again!" Said one of the ninjas that came after sasuke ran.

"Not this time." Naruto said as he and neji go after the Uchiha leaving sakura in a daze. She was not moving and was keeping her head low.

Sakura's POV

I wish I didn't heard those words. Those words that came out of his mouth effortless, although coldness was written in it, I'm sure that he meant every word he said.

Why am I like this? I'm not even sure what kind of 'belong' he meant. No matter where I look at it, I still feel the jealousy within me. It's so hard, it makes me unable to move.

Naruto and neji went after him while I, standing frozen at this ground as if the something is preventing me to walk.

What's happening .. one day he kidnapped hinata and then we'll just found out that they're together now when they suddenly show up in the middle of the day attacking the village.

I'm here all along waiting for him only to find out this painful truth. She's my friend and he's my love, she love naruto. It seem so impossible for a girl like her to like him that easily.

I looked at the direction where they went. Tears formed in my eyes as I can't hold it in any longer.

"Sasuke.. " whispering his name makes it more painful. To think that he's never be mine.

_______________________________________

"Naruto I'll distract sasuke and you go get hinata." Neji commanded as the blonde agreed.

They followed sasuke and hinata.

Hinata being carried by the uchiha was comprehending what is happening, the Uchiha once again appeared like a lightning in front of her. She's still looking at sasuke as he walk.

"Why are you staring at me." Sasuke said as he speak but didn't turn his head towards hinata.

"Uh-hm. N-nothing. W-where's suigetsu?." She asked quickly looking away.

"He's already safe." Was the only reply of the uchiha. A moment of silence until the hyuga decided to speak

"W-why did you c-come?" She asked hesitantly not wanting to offend her savior.

"I know you're not gonna succeed. Its simple as that" He said coldly as he still look in front. The hyuga just listened at the obvious truth.

'he's right. But either way, he had saved me again.' The hyuga thought. She wriggled a little telling the Uchiha that she wants to go down. He looked at her but then decided to put her down.