chapter 5: my mission (part 2)

Hinata's POV

I stopped in my tracks to look at my surroundings as I heard some noise. Its still vague but now I can hear it clearly.

It Is footsteps, it seems like the sound of running. Out of curiosity I tracked where the source is.
When I was near, the sound becomes louder every second.

I quickly jumped and hide at a large bush and observe. Fourtunately I had time to hide before they sees me.

It is people from the leaf village. A bunch of teenagers I guess. While running they were talking to each other. I can't help but overhear their conversation.

"Did you hear the rumors about naruto-kun?" A boy said

"Yeah. Of course." A girl answered

"Naruto-kun is teaching kids how to do the rasengan. He's really kind." She said with admiration.

"But he's not even a jounin yet..  how can he teach us if he still doesn't pass the test." the boy questioned.

"No he's not but he's like one if you would compare him with any other jounin." The girl retorted.

After some chit chats about naruto their voice gradually faded which means they are leaving.

They run past the bush where I was hiding. I look at their back while they were running towards the village. Upon hearing his name, guilt had taken over me.

" I will attack the man I love." Those words came out of my mouth involutarily.

The worst part is that he doesn't even know that I'm madly in love with him. Its my fault for not confessing.

I looked up at the sky and admired the flying birds. I just sighed and thought about something.
Months have passed and I realized the importance of things that surrounds me. That's because I have nothing to do in hideout.

Like this birds, I envy them. They get to fly wherever they want.

They are free.

I wish I could be like them.

Going back to my senses, I remembered that I have a mission on going. Realizing that,I stood up and continued to go where I was headed.

End of POV

A man stood up as he saw that the hyuga had already vanished. He looked at the direction where the hyuga is headed, the leaf village. He looked at the bingo book and smirked as he found the wanted nin, he realized that she has a high price on her head.

"What a lucky day." He said with an evil grin.

_________________________________________

At last, the hyuga can see the village from the tall tree she stand at. She continue to run and eventually reached the gate. As of now the masked man and the others are already inside the village.

According to the plan she'll wait outside of the gate. When she received the signal from pein, she'll block anyone that comes after the akatsuki including Naruto.

Waiting is more terrifying. She get to see the sufferings of the people on the village but she has no choice, she can't do anything about it.

She can see the large mass of dark smoke and fires coming from the village.
The people's cry, explosions, yells and the sounds of combat is what she can hear while standing at the front gate.

She clasp both of her hands together and put it in front of her chest. She was frightened and weak at the moment. No matter what she's still worried about her family. She can't protect them now, it's forbidden.