chapter 11: hopeless lover

Hinata and the team Taka returned to the hideout wounded, Except for sasuke. The hyuga keeps on thinking what will happen to her now that she failed the mission again.

'they'll definitely won't let it slide this time.' Are the words that lingered around the hyuga's mind.

After karin lay down suigetsu, hinata approached him and began to treat his wound.

"Your cousin's a really tough one, hinata." He said with a weak voice. Hinata didn't respond and just concentrate her attention in healing.

"Are all the hyugas like that, no wonder why they become one of the elite clan in konohagakure." He said as he closed his eyes and put his arm to it.

"Not all of them actually." The hyuga said with a melancholic tone. Suigetsu opened his eyes as if to question what does hinata mean.

"I mean, there's me. The weakest of all hyuga. And maybe in the shinobi world. " she said as if she had embraced the truth.

Sasuke who was listening can't help but to smirk hearing the hyuga's low self confidence. Karin just observed sasuke as he made expressions.

"Baka." She heard suigetsu said and she looked at him surprised.

"Why do you think I gave you the mission to rescue jugo knowing that many ninjas are guarding him" he continued. The hyuga just thought about it and then continued healing him.

"Jugo .. i-im sorry we didn't accomplish the mission." She said as she slightly bowed her head.

Suddenly the other members gather around them and hinata has never been so nevous. Her hands is shaking, sweat appeared in her forehead. Kisame put his hand on the hyuga's shoulder and hinata flinch at the sudden contact. Hinata closed her eyes expecting to be hit.

"Well done kid." Kisame said as he pat her shoulders. She opened her eyes and looked at them.

"But , i-i didn't-" she was cut off by the smiling conan.

"Congrats hinata. I knew you can do it." She said as she walk to her. Hinata sent her a questioning look but conan didn't mind explaining as she put her hands above jugo's wound.

"Just rest. I'll take care of him" conan said as she put hinata's hand on her lap.

They went to their own rooms. While the hyuga's curiousness is killing her, she can't help but stay awake instead of resting.

'I'm certain that jugo and I wasn't able to get that. How did it go to their possession'  she questioned herself.

_____________________________________

At konohagakure..

The hospital's beds was almost filled by the wounded ninjas who fought the akatsuki yesterday. Naruto and the others would come and visit neji in his room. They would talk about what happened and that they miss their comrade, if she still is. Sakura explained what happened and what they heard upon facing the akatsuki.

"Is that true? Is she really one of them." Ino said worried. Neji just listened to them quietly. Shikamaru noticed this and looked at him.

"Neji. Do you know what's happening?" All of the people in the room looked at shikamaru

"Why are you asking him shikamaru? Even though they're cousins I don't think hinata would opened up to him about joining akatsuki" lee asked curiously.

"The day that hinata was kidnapped you're the last one who was with her. Perhaps you know why are they after her." Shikamaru said.

"I wish I know that but unfortunately I have no idea." neji replied as he reminisce what happened on that day.

"What happened on that day neji?" Sakura asked

"Hiashi summoned me and when I got there he was fighting the akatsuki. I wanted to help him but he ordered me to take hinata away. That's all."

"So only hiashi has the answer to our questions. All we have to do now is wait." Shikamaru said as he sighed

Naruto suddenly stand.

"Wait, sakura how long does it take for hiashi to wake up." Sakura looked confused at first but answered the curious blonde.

"I-i'm still not sure naruto. He's in a critical condition." She said uncertain.

"I think it will take months or worse years" said shikamaru.

"Years!" the blonde exclaimed with a complaining tone and then sighed.

They chattered a little more before exiting the room. They bid their goodbyes to each other as they had a busy day ahead of them.

Sakura who was still sad at what she found out yesterday, doesn't know where to go. Home is not the first thing in her mind She wants to be alone, to think clearly. Walking to somewhere she decided to go where it all began. The place where sasuke went before joining the akatsuki.

She reached it and floods of memories of him was clouding her mind. She sat at the bench and reminisce the event years ago.

"Sasuke, please don't leave!" She shouted but the uchiha didn't turn his head.

"If you really can't then I'll just go with you." She said while crying. At a blink of an eye the uchiha vanished in front of her. Suddenly she felt a presence in her back. After he muttered some words to her ear her vision went black.

'i know that hinata and I are standing on the same situation. We're in love to the ones who doesn't return our love. The way he carried her on his arms is the way how I imagined myself in her place. The way he said those words to her is my dream. For him to say the she belonged to him, it made me sank. All of these years he became my salvation, my goal and my dream. But why her? of all the people in this world why one of my friends.' as thoughts filled the pink haired kunoichi's head, she didn't notice the tears that blurred her vision. Pain is what made her cry.

'she's in love with naruto and naruto's in love with me. Although that idiot doesn't know it. But one thing's for sure, it's not impossible for hinata to like Sasuke.'

_______________________________________

Naruto,on the other hand, sat at the playground's swing. Head low and hands holding the chain. He was in a deep thought.

'another friend of mine was taken away by the akatsuki. Are they really taken away or they went with them willingly. What keeps bothering me is sasuke's words towards hinata. What does that mean .. its impossible that they're together now I mean its just months .. wait months? Is it long enough to court a girl?'

As naruto was thinking his face is unreadable.

'Snap out of it naruto! Its not like you're sure of it' he said wriggling his head.

'It must've been hard for sakura hearing those words. She's forcing herself to look like normal lately. Its hard for me too, to see my friends being hurt. To be able to protect them I must train harder. I'll make sure that when the day that I meet her again I'll be able to get her back from the akatsuki. Hinata just wait for me!'

Naruto stand up from the swing and ran towards the training grounds

______________________________________