Chapter 35

"Archer!" I scream and rush into his open arms then whisper. "I never thought I'd see you again."

He makes that annoying shushing noise to sooth me - which usually doesn't work - but for some reason I do feel a little better. I let him comfort me as a few tears escape, burrowing my face into the crook of his shoulder. Man, he smells so good - under that woodsy scent I've placed with him is something else. Something sweeter. Like vanilla. Oh, how I love vanilla. And not just that, I love...the realization hits me like a ton of bricks. I'm in love with Archer. Even though I know he can't love me right now, it doesn't seem to matter. Just being here, in his arms like this, is enough for now.

I smile and tighten my hug a little. "Never leave me again."

I lean back and looking into his eyes say, "What?"

"I said, never leave me again." he says slowly. "I was worried sick! I may be heartless, but I can still do that apparently. And, truly, that's the worst feeling I've had in my whole life. Seeing you being dragged onto that ship...just be glad Peter was already there."

"He was?" I say, leaning back to look him in the eye.

"Of course I was! Wherever Hook goes, I have to be there to stop him. Plus, it's a great way to make friends." Perter says, holding out a hand.

I reluctantly take it, worried he may try to fly again. "I'd bet."

"Your friends here explained everything to me. I'm glad to help out any way I can." he replies earnestly.

"Skye, there's a small problem though." Archer says slowly and I look over to see he looks slightly paler than a moment ago. "Apparently, Rumpelstiltskin has a few untrustworthy friends. The Queen knows you're coming and has set out a reward to bring you back - dead or alive."

"I'm sorry, miss, but once we get back...you have to keep out of sight." Napoleon says, coming out of the tree.

I jump and place my hand over my heart - as if that's supposed to stop it from running away like it seems to want. I don't say anything for a moment, I simply try to take it all in.

"Wait! Why was Hook trying to feed me to the Crocodile if he works for the queen?" I ask, trying to figure it out.

"The Crocodile isn't an animal, Skye. It absorbs any magic within someone, leaving them weak and very nearly dead. We don't use it...we used to guard it. But it's harder now that we have to constantly fight off Hook's men. I have the feeling he was going to drain you of whatever power you posses and then take you back to her." Peter says, looking at the ground.

"Why would he do that?" I know, I'm becoming the queen of questions...but I don't really care right now.

"Well, whoever controls the Crocodile receives what they provide." he says - why so cryptic?

"So...he gets magic back? Why does he want it?" I ask.

"Exactly....and you just so happen to be full of potential." he says solemnly.

Great. Just peachy! Now I have to worry about people trying to capture me and a psychopath that wants to drain me to gain some sort of power. Seriously, what the heck is going on?! First, the curse. Then, the village. The Sheriff. The dwarfs - even though that one turned out fine. Then Hook. Now this? This has just gone way too far. No one should have to go through all this...and all after losing their parents as well.

"Skye....Sk-Skye! Look at me. Please try to focus on my face right now." Archer says holding my face in his hands, I slowly block everything out but those mesmerizing gray-green orbs. "I won't let anything happen to you. Remember that and don't question it."

I nod as I continue staring into those eyes. He's my rock, the one thing I know will stay steady. I feel my heart rate return to normal - funny, I don't remember it being so erratic. Taking several deep breaths I close my eyes for a moment. I lean forward a bit and Archer places his forehead to mine. We don't say anything as our breath mingles in the space between us.

"I don't mean to ruin this moment you love-birds are having, but we need to get back and finish this once and for all." Napoleon says, clearing his throat.

I smile and pull back, looking up into the smiling face in front of me.

"Don't worry, we'll have more time after." Archer says reassuringly.

"After." I agree with a nod.

______________________________________________________________________________

Hey, I know it's been a few days since the last update *currently cowaring in fear as i hide from sharp, pointy objects* but I hope this chapter is to your liking. It's more of a coming to terms chapter for me and I think Skylar is finally accepting what happened to her.

Do you think they'll be able to get what they're searching for? What do you think about Skylar's new discovery? Bet you already knew, but it's good for her to finally realize she doesn't only love Archer - cause she loves so many people - but that she's finally admitted to herself that she's in love with him. Yay!

Vote and comment.

Always yours,

Kera