Chapter 15

"Okay, wake up you two!" I hear a harsh voice yell and just up.

I look over and see the Sheriff watching us with glee in his eyes. He's glad he's got a couple of Robin Hood's men in his dungeon - it's clear in his eyes. Obviously, he doesn't know that I'm a woman yet...which is good for me. I rub my eyes and stretch my arms over my head. My tail hurts from being confined for so long, but I try to ignore it. I look over at Allan and see he's still sleeping. I sigh and get up, walking over toward the Sheriff.

The Sheriff's an older man - late forties - with balding grey hair and beady green eyes. His short-ish beard and couple gold teeth really compliment just how horrible and greedy he truly is. I can tell he only cares about power and how much money he's getting from Prince John.

"So...who are you?" the Sheriff asks and I just stare at him, refusing to speak.

Trust me, I've been through this scenario with Robin quite a few times and he told not to utter a word around these men, under any circumstances. I'd blown that with the guards, but I refuse to in front of Sheriff Vaisey. I honestly don't care what he does to me, I won't let him know who - and what - I am.

"Ah, cat got your tongue?" he says, pretending to sound caring while holding the largest smirk on his face. "Or does your little friend over there have it?"

I lunge at him through the bars and he jumps back, clapping. He starts laughing and looking around him at the men around him. He thinks he's so clever - as if! I look to the man on the Sheriff's right and see a man I recognize. Sir Guy of Gisbourne (a tall man with shaggy jet-black hair and eyes to match), he attended the ball at Snow White's home. I look down for a moment before looking at Sheriff Vaisey's smug face.

"Ah, oh well...since you won't talk and be fun - well, with us at least - I guess we'll just have to wake up your friend, then." his voice sounds disappointed, but I know he'd be glad to torture just about anyone he can get his hands on.

I clench my teeth as they approach the door.

"Now, so you won't be getting any ideas...Gisbourne!" he yells, making me jump at the noise, "Grab this Pretty Boy while the sweat men take the other one."

"Of course, Sheriff." Guy says with a small head bow, showing respect.

I back up into the far side of the cell as the gatekeeper unlocks the door and Gisbourne stalks over to me. I try to back up farther, but run right into the wall - unable to stay away from him. He latches onto my arm with one hand roughly and wraps his other arm around my waist. I clench my teeth and hold my breath as they drag Allan out of the cell.

Gisbourne throws me to the ground and I hit my head on the stone floor. A few months ago that would have knocked me out, but all it does now is leave a deep gash in my forehead. I stand up and face them as they lock the door.

I feel something wet and sticky trickling down my face and reach up to wipe it off - only managing to smear it all over me. When I look at my hand, I see a lot of blood. I close my eyes for a moment to clear the pain from my brain before I hear water splashing.

I open my eyes and see Allan suddenly tied to a chair. I know something bad's about to happen...mostly because the other men have told me about what usually happens here. Will had been taken into the dungeon a long time ago - right before Robin started this escapade. (Robin is/was in charge of the town of Locksley. But, after he returned from the King's war he found out a lot had changed in the kingdom. First, Prince John's in charge while his brother Charles is away. Two, Sheriff Vaisey kicked a friend of his out of his position here and took over - thanks to John's orders. When Robin decided to stand up to the Sheriff for trying to kill Will, his brother, and one of their friends...he was deemed an outlaw and wanted dead or alive. Ever since Robin has done everything he could to undermine Sheriff Vaisey's authority. The only downside was that Robin lost his land, the woman he loved, and Guy took over Locksley. Which was given to Robin by the man who took him in after he'd run away from our home.) They'd always taken their prisoners into another room before interrogation. So, by keeping Allan in here where I can see him, means they're trying to get me to crack.

Granted, I am the 'new kid' to them.

Allan jumps when the water hits him and starts this horrible-sounding coughing sputter-type thing. When he sees that he's tied up to a chair he looks over at me. I nod to show that I'm okay. He nods and turns to face the Sheriff. As the Sheriff walks over to him he spits right in the man's face.

Hollering like the mad-man he is, Vaisey rears backs and slaps Allan across the face. I turn my face away from the scene and let out a small whimper - knowing they can't hear it. I could barely hear it.

"Oh...no." the Sheriff says slowly. "Don't let Pretty Boy turn his head, he needs to see his lover's pain."

I hear my cage open and someone grabbing me. I am dragged out of my cell by Sir Guy and he takes me closer to where Allan is tied down. He grabs my face from behind me and forces me to watch the whole thing.

"That's better! Isn't it, Pretty Boy?" Sheriff Vaisey asks with glee.

"I think so, Sheriff." Guy says, tightening the arm around my waist and making me whimper again.

"Good! Though, I was asking Pretty Boy...but I guess your confirmation will have to do." the Sheriff says dismissively.

A tear escapes as I'm forced to watch them torture Allan for hours. I know I look like a wreck with the grime on my face running all over and the dried blood everywhere. Afterward, Guy pulls me out of the room as the throw Allan back into the cell. I try to fight my way over to my friend, but Gisbourne's arm tightens around me uncomfortably and I feel like my ribs are being crushed to pieces.

"Not so fast, the Sheriff would like a little chat with you now that you might be more complacent." he snarls into my ear, dragging me through the halls.

When he realizes I won't stop fighting, he lifts me up and tosses me over his shoulder. As he continues through the halls all I can see are his legs moving briskly and lots of stone floor. The gash on my head splits open again and blood droplets fall on the ground. We don't stop until we enter a room and he throws me onto a couch of some sort. I try to jump up and run out, but he throws out his arm at the last minute and it hits me square in the chest. I double over as the breath shoots out of my lungs. I hear a door open and look up to see the Sheriff glaring at he - a strange and terrifying hint of glee in his eyes.

"Hello there, Pretty Boy."

____________________________________________________________________________

Woohoo, new chapter up and ready! I know, it's a huge cliffhanger but it leaves you asking for more...plus I'm working on the next chapter and it'll be up in a couple hours - so don't fret.

What do you think about the Sheriff? Does he live up to your hopes of him? And Gisbourne? What do you think about him? Also, how do you feel about Allan - poor guy - and the thing he whispered at the end of the last chapter?

Enjoy and comment on this intense chapter!

Always yours,

Kera